Need a new daily driver smartphone - Huawei Mate 9 vs OnePlus 3T

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by pfizer, Dec 1, 2016.

1. pfizer

pfizer SS.org Regular

Hey guys, looking to buy a new Android phone and need some advice!
    Right now, I've narrowed down my two choices to the Huawei Mate 9 and the OnePlus 3T.

I need something fast and has a big battery; I'm kind of what you would call a 'power user' and I'm not a fan of bringing battery packs with me. I used to have a Samsung Note 4 Edge as my daily driver, but the 3000 mAH battery just isn't lasting as long as I want.

I went and got an Asus Zenfone that had a huge 5000 mAH battery but it was a little too heavy and cumbersome to use as a daily driver; it also wasn't very fast or responsive.

I was ready to pull the trigger with the OP3T 128GB at $440 but the Mate 9 really caught my attention with its huge battery. I tried it out a bit and while it was pretty nice to use, I kinda missed the extra horsepower those 6GB of RAM had in the OP3T. The EMUI in the Mate 9 was alright, but I also still kinda preferred Oxygen OS in terms of a snappiness/feature balance. I never got to try the 6GB version of the Huawei, so I'm not sure how much difference it would make.

Price is another thing; the Mate 9 128GB sells for about $300 more than the OP3T. I was kinda stunned at just how affordable the OP3T is, considering the great specs. Is the Huawei worth shelling out the money for the extra screen real estate and the battery, or is the OP3T's price/value ratio too good?

Advice would mean the world to me you guys.