NDG - Ibanez RGD3127 Pron

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Webmaestro, Dec 27, 2017.

1. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

White and chrome ! :yum:

2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

It’s very seriously does look great. And I normally don’t like chrome hardware at ALL. But it looks so good here.

3. Rikster

Rikster SS.org Regular

Congratulations on your RGD3127 ! I received mine about a week and half ago. The guitar is really quite striking in appearance. I'm with you on the stock pickups... they are beginning to grow on me. I'm so used to EMG's on my Schecter but these pickups actually are not that bad. The other pickups you mentioned were also recommended by others, as well as Bare Knuckles. Also love the maple fretboard. Gives a little brighter sound and more "spank". Again, congrats and enjoy ! And...... Happy New Year !!!

Cheers,

Rich

Webmaestro likes this.
  4. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

Does it have stainless steel frets? All the Ibanez site says is Jumbo. Gorgeous guitar btw!

5. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic Contributor

Damn, I wish! Just standard fretwire on this one but Rich (the dealer) hooked them up to the point that they look and feel like stainless \m/

6. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

K. Thanks. Yes, they sure look nice. It's weird how the premiums are coming with SS frets and the Prestige's are not. My Kiesel has SS frets. It's the first and only guitar I've played with SS frets. It feels amazing. It makes me want to get a premium. But, the neck radius is different as well. Uhg!

7. teqnick

teqnick The only person that liked the new Faceless album

Well done, ibanez! Congrats man, If it had a hardtail, I'd consider giving ibanez some money this year.

8. DeathbyDesign

DeathbyDesign Whof arted?

That is a score! White with the maple fretboard looks awesome!:fever:

9. Webmaestro

Never thought I'd say this about a "factory" pickup, but I'm actually really liking the Fusion Edge pickups. I'll probably stick with them for a few more months... and maybe permanently.

Anyone know if the technical specs are listed anywhere? I'd love to see how these stack up against DiMarzio's other pickups in terms of EQ and output. Obviously, the sound is what's important, but I still like knowing tech specs.

10. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

Who's Rich? Where did you buy it?
    Thanks!

11. Webmaestro

Rich Harris at www.ibanezrules.com

Terrible website, but Rich knows Ibanez guitars better than just about anyone else on the planet. He actually radius-matched my Lo Pro with the fretboard using saddle shims. I don’t know many guitar stores or retailers (or even guitar techs, for that matter) that would do something like that. It’s the best-playing Ibanez I’ve ever bought.

12. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

Awesome! I was wondering if that's what you meant. I've looked at that site tons of time but never talks to anyone who has bought from him. Did you get the platinum level? Would you mi d making a short video showing off the guitar? So pretty!
    :)

13. Webmaestro

Platinum? God no... I got silver. In my honest opinion, anything over silver is overkill... unless you really want the edges of your fretboard rounded a bit (and other tiny little details). On his site, Rich states:

"Gold and Platinum are levels that modify the fret ends and the edge of the fretboard only."

... and considering how nicely he "modified" my fret ends with the silver package, I'm completely happy. I really don't need anything else.

Not likely I'll ever put together a video, or soundclips. I really, really struggle with video stuff--in more ways than one. It's why I have a tired old blog, and not a YouTube channel.

14. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

K. Thank you for the info!

15. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, I'm surprised by how many people do NOT radius match their trems to their FB radius. It's a pain in the ass, but I used to do it with all the Floyds. Otherwise it's super hard to get a decent action on the middle strings, and the lowest get buzzy if you try to drop it too much. (assuming the standard Floyd shims are never taken out).

16. odibrom

odibrom .

I tested those pickups in another RGA model against some EMGs. It was a "battle" between that RGA and the Fanned fret RG, both 7 stringers and both Iron label level. I don't remember what amp was in the test, but I remember preferring these Fusion Edge pickups way more. The guitars' setups weren't to my preferences, but the pickup's response in tone, attack and overall feel was there anyway. I thought those Fusion pickups sounded pretty good actually. However, I've seen someone here complaining about them recently... it's all a matter of personal taste, guess ours meet here and there...

Replying to your question, you could email to DiMarzio and ask for it, I'm positive they'll reply back... when so, please share the info.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.