NCD: Mesa/Boogie Vintage 80's Roadready Vertical Ported 2x12

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by grantcooper2, May 22, 2012.

1. grantcooper2

grantcooper2 Tnarg

I just picked this up, empty, for $100. I think I got a pretty killer deal and I think it suits my AXE FX II rig pretty nicely:

[​IMG]

I stuck some EVM12L's in it but I haven't been able to crank it yet. So far it sounds pretty damn good though!

I am going to assume these are fairly rare because I can only find one or two images of the roadready version of this cab on google on this dude's flickr: Mesa/Boogie Roadready 2x12 med Black Shadow Element | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I had the EV's in a Vertical Port City 2x12 and they sound great but I am thinking of putting something else in that cab now (either greenbacks or some WGS Vertan 30's/ET65's) and running them in stereo and add a little flavour to the mix. This mesa cab is designed to be used with the EV's so it is a pretty great match!

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I can't tell you how much I love those vertical Mesas. Great score man, I'm genuinely jealous. :hbang:

3. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Explain the pedalboard please

4. grantcooper2

grantcooper2 Tnarg

Thanks dude! Yeah I am pretty pumped - out of curiosity I started searching around for a second one in case I fall in love but they are hard to come by even in the non-roadready style. I am pretty pumped. For $100 I thought why the hell not!

Sure. Pretty simple and standard AXE FX pedalboard setup. I have the Fractal Audio MFC-101 which controls all aspects of the AXE FX as far as patch changes/fx/etc. and then I have the spring loaded Mission Expression pedal on the left for an auto-engage wah. And then the black expression pedal for volume. An ethernet cable from the axe fx powers the mfc-101.

5. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

Epic rig right there. Can't get much better than that for an Axe rig. Can't imagine the stereo goodness.

6. grantcooper2

grantcooper2 Tnarg

Thanks man. Yeah I should be able to test out some greenbacks for the port city on thursday - not sure I am going to go with them though but we will see. I will hopefully try some V30's that day as well. Should be a fun day of nerding out.

Here is the rig with the Port City for reference. I will get a family shot tonight!

[​IMG]

7. Larrikin666

Larrikin666 Deadite

Are you running the poweramp and cab sims with that rig? The Atomic is pretty flat and so are the EVs.

8. grantcooper2

grantcooper2 Tnarg

I run the poweramp sims yeah but haven't tried the cab sims much. I tested it briefly and it was sounding weird. It sounds great as is and the EQ/amps/poweramp parameters are more than flexible enough for my needs!