NC(ustom)BD - Hipster Fixie Shit

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by JeffFromMtl, Jul 26, 2014.

1. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

Yup. aluminum.

I rode a steel frame geared bike yesterday for the first time in god knows how long cuz I'm in Guatemala for 10 days and a friend got us some bikes to get around town on. Man, riding that thing felt ....ing weird, drop bars/brakes and all.

2. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

I've just done a deal for a 90s steel Merckx. Well under 500 USD incl shipping from Europe. Looking forward to getting my hands on it although it's been years since I've ridden anything with drops!

Hope to get some longer rides in now. Cranking like a bastard on ss while sitting pretty upright is not an efficient way of getting from A to B.

3. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I've lived in some places infamous for brutal inclines, and the fixed gear guys just keep going!

I'm still riding a 20+ year old Diamondback Ascent EX, with fenders and other stuff for inclement weather, and a friend of mine was shocked at how much it weighs. Someday I'll get a bike which weighs less than 30 lbs. and will be stunned at how easy riding suddenly became....

Pretty steed!

4. Omura

Omura SS.org Regular

You don't need the legs of lance armstrong, you just need to be stubborn as hell.
    People think they can't do something, and give up, when they haven't really even begun to push themselves. Get past that mental block and you'll find you can do a lot.

5. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

^ couldn't have said it better myself.

6. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

The frame geometry, carbon fork, front wheel, & bullhorn handles look like an awesome riding combo! I miss having a bike... The city that I live in is not too pedestrian/bike/skate friendly, unfortunately.