NBD: My first bass (Orange Content, 56k, NOT all hope is lost)

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by endo, May 27, 2012.

1. endo

endo SS.org Regular

So, Guitar Center is doing a Memorial Day Sale and I thought I'd drop in and see what's going on. I was originally looking for a Peavey 5150 head, as I'm primarily a guitarist, but they didn't have one. So off to the bass section I went to look for the next thing I needed.

As I said, I'm primarily a guitarist, so I'm not overly knowledgeable on basses, but I have learned to actually play the instrument a bit before I buy it. Today, I decided I was looking for something that was a 5 string, as well as affordable. It is only going to be for recording in the bedroom. Anyways, it's ORANGE. I was a little bummed, but it was the best one there for the price I paid. Onto the orangey Ibanez GIO *EDIT* IBANEZ GSR205! Ha ha ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It sounds pretty decent for how much it was, and I was surprised by that. I'm not a huge fan of Ibanez guitars, but I've never had an issue with their basses. It also has active pickups, which is great, since the only way I can record it is via DI.

:shred:

-Endo

Dead Undead and -42- like this.
  2. JYNX2

JYNX2 New Member

looks great! I got the same one except in black and it sounds good for the price.

3. endo

endo SS.org Regular

For sure! I am kind of glad I got the orange one, because everyone that buys Ibanez gets black. lol. Original post edited with model number!

4. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Bass Player in Exile

Those GIO basses can sound pretty amazing with the right strings. Dean Markley blue steel or DR Hi-Beams will bring them to life. I found the Hi-Beams to sound better longer, but the blue steels worked well for a few months.

5. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Needs more strings

Nice bass! I always appreciate instruments every now and again that aren't black :lol:
    Just get some lemon oil or something onto that fretboard soon, looks like it hasn't seen any sort of nourishment for an eon.

6. endo

endo SS.org Regular

Nice! I will definitely do that! I have always been intrigued by the bass and it's capabilities, even though I'm a guitarist. I'm looking forward to many hours of playing with this baby!

Thanks for the compliments! As far as strings go, I picked up a pack of D'Addario's...if I don't like those, I'll definitely try the blue steels or the DR's. Probably the DR's.

7. JYNX2

JYNX2 New Member

i put on elixirs with my bass since i hate changing strings and they sound great, you should try them out.

8. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 Grey

That is so sexy. I want the green one and that one :D

I play with an ATK300 atm. Pretty awesome :p