NBD It's Epic!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Daf57, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Literally! It's a Specialized Epic 29er! yeah this is one of my other expensive hobbies! :) Got it from a guy on ebay - he bought for his wife who wanted nothing to do with his hobby! :lol:

Been tweaking on it, new pedals, tires, etc.... This is my first 29 and it feels huge! Been to the MTB trails with it twice now and climbing and obstacle clearing-wise it's awesome - bit clunky in the tight turns tho. My other Epic is a 26 and it corners like a cat. This 29 will take some getting used to. :yesway:

Photos (seller's pics) been too busy to take my own!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my 2005 Epic Comp Disk (26")
    [​IMG]

ThePhilosopher, ElRay and Mik3D23 like this.
  2. Mik3D23

Mik3D23 things

Awesome man (HNBD?)

29" isn't for everyone, but I have certainly warmed up to my Giant Trance 29er even though it took a while

3. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Nice.

I've still got (most of) my origin StumpJumper Comp from 1990. It's been repainted twice, had the tires, hub guts, skewers, sprockets, chain rings, bottom bracket, pedals, front fork, headset, grips, seat, all the cables and the break pads replaced and I added bar ends and a Avocet computer with the rear mount kit -- Otherwise it's stock! :lol:

Ray

4. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

I'm pretty sure I will, too. It's a sweet ride, just feels a bit "tall" :lol:

:lol: Yep - that sounds like stock to me!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014