NBD - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kingcrimson, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kingcrimson

Kingcrimson Electra Glide

I'm stoked - New Bike Day, that is!

I've been a rider for years, but took a break 3 years ago due to some minor injuries. My poison of choice at the time was a 2013 Suzuki GSXR-1000 (Gixxer1000). Talk about "road rush".

I'm back! Picking up a fully loaded tweaked out 2017 Yamaha YZF-R1 pushing (crank) 200hp @ 12,500 RPM this coming Friday. I searched around all the local vendors here in San Diego for a few weeks and landed a sweet deal <20K CASH baby.

Look out ISLE OF MAN. . . :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    M3CHK1LLA and Furtive Glance like this.
  2. Kingcrimson

3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

man that looks awesome.

i rode bikes for years, but gave it up when a friend of mine was killed. since then several of my other buddies have wrecked and some spent a lot of time in the hospital. i tried to be very vigilant and not do too much stupid stuff, but still, just be careful, a lot of people don't see ya.

4. Kingcrimson

I hear ya M3.

I've been riding for quite some time (40+ years now) on cruisers, Harleys, motocross, sportbike and superbike and the track is always the safest venue. You can be vigilant on the road as much as possible but either way on a bicycle, a motorcycle or in a car you can't stop somebody else from slamming into you. I can't let other folks short comings and tragedies impact my goals but to have sincere sympathy for them.

I always ride safe and look out for my buddies.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017