NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

^ I hear you Derek, but in reality the Maloof bros run things down there. They were the ones wanted Artest badly. So I bet even if you are the GM, you don't get to make that many decisions.

2. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

Fine, in that case, if I had the money I would buy the Kings off of them, anything to stop them from ruining the team. I've read articles about how they don't even attend games anymore, so how the hell are they supposed to be able to lead it back to respectability?

I would do the following things: bring back Rick Adelman, lose Artest (even though he's pretty much gone right now), trade someone like Shareef for someone versatile like Shawn Marion (but not valued as highly, can't think of such an example right now), make Brad Miller work harder to recover faster, and make Bibby work harder on defense.

3. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

He's a thug that can play ball. There are too many of those in the league. So glad we said bye bye to him years ago.

4. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

5. Vince

Vince Contributor

haven't seen this posted yet...

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attached Files:

6. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

:rofl: I love the crowd's reaction.

Random note: I just saw my first NBA game (Kings vs Spurs) live in two years about two weeks ago while visiting USC. It was good for a while when the Kings had a comeback and then Manu and Tony Parker crushed them. And to think I turned down an invitation to hang out with some girls to watch my boys lose :(

7. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

:nono:

Bet you learned your lesson.

8. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Live and learn, dude. :) Last time I was in your situation, I told the girl to wait for me and I picked her up after the game for drinks. Hmm... good times. :lol:

9. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

:woohoo:

Kobe-my-man-Bryant is back on the no.1 leading scorer spot (after a slow start).
    60 pts in his last game! Now that's something :yesway:

10. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Scoring 50 plus pts 4 games in a row is beyond awesome! Whether Kobe wins the scoring title this year is not important, IMO, I just wish (yeah, I know it is wishful thinking) the Lakers make it to the second round, that's all.

11. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

And I wish that the Kings would stop sucking :mad:

I think that whenever I watch a game on TV the team I'm going for loses. I watched the USC/UNC game on Friday night because I got into both schools and the game was going to have a slight effect on my decision of which to attend and I was leaning towards USC because I've visited there, but then they collapsed. So I'm in a dilemma right now, watch NBA games next season when I'm at school and risk screwing the Kings over even more so than they already are, or not watch and let them screw themselves over? :lol:

12. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Relax, dude, that's sports for you! On the brightside of things, you won't be screwing the Kings next season, as they are going to suck for suck so long as they keep this current front court intact. I like Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Corliss Williamson, but they are NOT the front court guys you want to rely on at this stage of their careers. Oh, and as long as your best friend Ron is on the team, you KNOW he is going to be a model player! :noplease:

13. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

Nice, we got a sticky on this thread :yesway:

So what do you guys think about Ron possibly retiring/going overseas? I don't think that'll make a difference with the Kings unless they also get a high lottery pick. Neither will it make a difference in Ron's career because regardless of where he is he cannot escape his inherent problems.

I pity him for that mostly because he is a constant scapegoat when the whole team is falling apart. His reputation will precede him wherever he goes for the next few years at least.

14. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Let me just say, when Ron's head is in the game, he is one of the top one-on-one defender, and he is also an under-rated scorer. That said, he has problems since his St.John dayz. I wish him well, but I sincerely do not think he will make a different whether he is staying or not.

15. rummy

Go Bulls! Anybody see them beat the Pistons last night? We got Cavs tomorrow night, then we move up to #2. Good times.

16. GH0STrider

GH0STrider Resident Gangsta

and of course we blow it. i swear.... everytime the bulls are about to turn a corner they take a step back. they better find a way to get that one post player next season. we need noccioni back too! nice game from gordon , hinrich, and thomas though. ben wallace needs to do better than 2 points. i know he's offensivly challenged but thats a joke.

17. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I feel for you Bulls fans, but that Hinrich crossover in OT is sick or what? :bowdown:

18. GH0STrider

it was awesome. the team is very hard to watch sometimes. you never know who is going to show up. the defensive power house that play the entire game, or the team that half asses it and digs themselves into a 20 point hold and then has an amazing fourth quarter only to come up short in the end.

19. rummy

Whoa. Bulls love all of a sudden!!!

Yeah, the crossover Hinrich pulled was awesome. Hitting that J made it extra sweet. It was kinda disappointing to see them lose against the Cavs, but what can you do? For the record, Cavs lost one since, and we won one since our meeting, so we're back to a half game behind the Cavs. We can still get them, but we will have to take down the Pistons again. :D

How about that Tyrus Thomas coming alive as we near the playoffs. It seems like he's on ESPN/NBA TV highlights at least once everytime they play!

20. GH0STrider

once skiles actually gives thomas decent minutes i think people are going to begin to see what this kid can actually do. he trully is amazing and his atheltic ability is really out of this world. i think had he been given these kind of minutes all season or played for a lotery team he could have been rookie of the year. but yeah, im praying to god we catch the cavs. i want that number 2 seed so bad. plus we can pretty much get a sweep in the first round then.