NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see the Raptors doing well. After all, they have been mis-managed by a bunch of idiots in the past several seasons. I think they are heading to the right direction right now with the new roster and new management. With Bosh as the center piece of the team, I think they are in good shape. That said, they are far from being a legit contender at this point.

2. LarksTongues

LarksTongues SS.org Regular

If they can sneak into the playoffs, I'll be happy. They should be a serious contender in 2 years.

3. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

i'm embarrassed to be a kings fan right now. three years ago they were supposed to be in the nba finals before the officials screwed them over in favor of the lakers in game 6 of the conference finals. now look at them, 17-26 or something like that. absolutely pitiful. they should never have let go of matt barnes and darius songaila, both very underestimated players. look at barnes now, averaging 18 points a game. and they get rid of rick adelman. i don't think the maloof brothers even care about their team anymore.

Azyiu likes this.
  4. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

^ look, last I checked, Game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals was played at the Arco Arena. And the Kings shot themselves in the foot by missing almost half their foul shots, and that certain supposed super star/ super whinner kept jacking up jumpers instead of attacking the rim... oh, the Floppy Divac was doing his usual flopping... IMO, don't blame the officials for what happened in Game 6, dude, your Kings simply couldn't handle the pressure in Game 7.

5. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

actually, webber and divac were my most hated players on the kings even though they were the captains. i was happy when they got rid of both of them, then shocked when they got rid of all their good backups and took artest. but i'll admit i haven't watched an nba game since two seasons ago, after the cable company changed the channel lineup and i couldn't watch the games with only basic cable anymore, so i can't really say anything about the team now, just that they suck.

i still hold by my blaming the officials for game 6, as does most of the non-lakers fans in the rest of the world, but i do realize that they lost game 7 on their own.

6. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Let it go, my friend. ;) It is now 2007!!! :lol: The Lakers had their share of failures in the Playoffs too, dude. ;)

That said, I am a bit surprised to know you actually didn't like C-Webb and Floppy Divac as a Kings fan. Either way, you are right, who the hell in his right mind would want Artest, let alone trading FOR him? Hey, Ron...want a beer? :lol:

7. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

Why did Ron leave the game early? He wanted to beat the crowd!

8. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Raptors did quite good against the Wizards...

Bosh hitting that across the court 3 at the final second of the 3rd quarter.. wow

9. LarksTongues

LarksTongues SS.org Regular

That was a cool shot, no backboard required. Finally above .500 for the first time in years. I've gotta get to a game this year.

10. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Congrats to all you Raptors fans! And the Nets suddenly seem to be giving away the Atlantic division crown to the Raps, huh?

11. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

I guess i'll admit in a bandwagon Raps fan, mainly because im a big Canadian supporter and their the only Canadian team left.. I normally love the Timberwolves but in canada theres like NO games of them on tv, and well I havent followed them for like 3 years so I dont even know anyone anymore lol.. But been following the Raps these past 2 months and getting into them alot now =]

If the NFL ever had a canadian team, I'd probably jump over to them too lol OO;

Probably helps that I have the channel "Raptors TV" too haha

12. Vince

Vince Contributor

The suns have been off the hook lately, but Bell's gotta hit his free throws late in the 4th quarter, and Marion can't foul out.

Last night's game was painful.

13. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

@azyiu: i didn't really get into the nba until about 6 years ago and by then divac was way past his prime and c-webb stopped being dominant, so i was never able to appreciate all they did for the team. i pretty much focused on how their main purpose should have been role players given that they couldn't produce as well as peja stojakovic or mike bibby, but divac was playing 30 minutes a game while brad miller was only getting maybe 25. c-webb could only shoot jumpers because he wouldn't go in to the key and the only time he rebounded would be when someone missed and the ball bounced off the rim right into his hands, which happened quite frequently for some reason. and he was always out for extended periods of time, which screwed with the team's vibe. he would either be out all season and come in for the playoffs when the chemistry was good and ruin it, or get hurt during that time and ruin it all. okay i'll stop ranting now. chris bosh is a great player and i wish he was still on my fantasy team :D

14. rummy

How disappointing was the all stars game? Or the whole weekend for that matter!!!

15. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Gerald Green was entertaining in the dunk contest :)

16. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

I missed the whole thing for the third year straight. Three years ago was because I was away and my dad messed up trying to record it. Last year they switch the cable channel lineup so I didn't get TNT anymore. Last month my mom cancelled cable altogether. At least I've heard that I didn't miss much.

17. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

IMO, the 3-point shootout > the dunk contest.

18. rummy

Yeah, the 3 was better than the dunk contest. That boy Kapono can shoot!

I knew Gerald Green was a good in-game dunker, but he came through at the contest. Loved the side of the backboard dunk, and really dug the Dee Brown dunk over Nate.

19. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

20. ibzrg1570

ibzrg1570 SS.org Regular

This is why I hate the Kings' management. They should never had traded for him, but at least it'll allow everyone else to have a bigger role in the lineup. I personally wish Darius Songaila was back with the Kings because he had the most potential out of all the reserves 2 seasons ago, and now he's just a 5 min./game benchwarmer for the Wizards. I honestly think I could do a better job running the team.