NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Anything you like, my doggie friend.

2. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

Ignore me. I can't make up my mind. :lol:

I totally agree about Carmello, though. Fuck, what a bitch move. Hit and run? Last time I saw that kinda shit was on the playground when I was 10. :lol:

Lots of modern athletes are thugs, drug addicts, and materilistic morons it seems like.

3. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Seriously, the original foul by Collins was crappy enough! Then when things seemed to be calming down, Goddamn Robinson came in to stir things up again. I am telling you, that dude is out of control!!!

Sure, you can accuse Karl for running the score up, but he is the coach and he has the power to keep whomever on the floor for however long he wishes. I think Thomas should just shut the hell up and take care of his team's losing attitude and start winning... what? they beat the Utah Jazz on Monday? Forget whatever I just said... :lol:

4. The Dark Wolf

:agreed:

5. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

You know, there was more drama to that "brawl." George Karl is part of the North Carolina family with Greg Popovich, Doug Moe, and the Larry Brown. The same Larry Brown who was not treated well by the Knicks organization. Well, the NC mob wasn't having that. So Karl decided to unleash an anomosity driven ass-whooping on NY. Thomas knew that, and wasn't having it either. He told Anthony, "Do not go to the basket right now" from the sideline. Thomas shouldn't have brought "street" to the court like that.
    It's pretty funny bunch of grown men acting like pussy hurt little girls; Including Anthony and his sorry punch.

Daaa Bears. Ditka. :cool:

6. The Dark Wolf

My dad is a big Bears fan. Has been for years and years.

Dude, that's some cool ass commentary on the whole brawl situation. I didn't even realize all of the depth. You're right... it's completely ridiculous. :lol:

Carmello is a bitch. I would have suspended his ass for 30-40 games, for being such a punk, throwing that gay ass sucker punch. If you're gonna fight, you square up like a man. Could you imagine Barkely or Laimbeer running away like that? :rolleyes:

7. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

8. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Bad fit for the Nuggets.

Melo + JR Smith = over 50 pts for the Nuggets each game, and I seriously doubt AI would be willing to settle to be the #2 guy on any team. Did I mention Melo is currently the league's leading scorer? Something has to give, and do you think AI is going to surrender his nearly 30 pts per game average? Oh, as rummy already mentioned, Karl is a Brown type of old school coach. AI didn't get along with Brown, I do not see him getting along with Karl either.

Ok, you want to read some positives, right? AI puts asses in seats and between Melo and JR, AI does play some serious D when his heart is in it.

Good luck, Denver sports fans, ha! :lol:

9. The Dark Wolf

Yeah, that does seem odd, two hotshgots like Carmello and AI. :scratch:

Maybe they're counting on a Pippen/Jordan-like situation. Obviously, Pippen WAS Jordan's #2, but there were lots of games where he'd really light it up, too, and plenty where he outscored MJ. I guess we'll see. In theory, it seems kinda ridiculous, 2 mega-scoreres... but who knows?

10. garcia3441

garcia3441 Tone Whore Contributor

AI gives the Nuggets a scorer to replace Anthony while he's on his 15 day vacation.

11. Vince

Vince Contributor

a couple days late on this, but...

fuck Isaiah Thomas.

12. The Dark Wolf

13. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

Carmello said he will not appeal his suspension and serve it right away and it is gonna cost him like $640,000 or something. :shrug:

14. The Dark Wolf

That's one expensive sucker punch.

15. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Hey, as we reach the mid-season point now, who do y'all think should win the MVP, Coach of the Year etc?

For MVP, I think it is a tough call between Nash and Kobe. And how about them Suns? They play like they can't lose these days. And Kobe's Lakers keep winning despite injuries to key guys (Brown, Odom). Sure, some of you might argue Agent Zero (aka Arenas) deserves to be considered too, but being in the east ain't helping his case, IMO. Your thoughts?

16. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

It would be great for Nash to win.. Im not a huge basketball fan, but Nash has already brought so much more Canadian fans to loving basketball, and 3 MVPs in a row would be amazing for a Canadian.. lol Not something that happens often in American based sports.. Whens the last time you heard of a really great Canadian NFL player dominating the game like Nash is doing in the NBA.. (actually now that I think of it.. Wasnt Vanderjact canadian? Iknow hes on all the commercials for Canada sports TV, along with Nash, Crosby and the Staal brothers so Im just assuming.. Too bad he turned out to be a drunken idiot..)

With that being said, How about the Raptors, not totally sucking this year!

17. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

Does Mike Vanderjagt even have a job right now?

18. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Yeah, what about the Raptors? 2 games under .500 but STILL leading the Atlantic division... that division sucks!!! :lol:

19. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Err well if you follow NBA at all over the past few years, the Raps have always been really pitiful.. but right now they are actually looking pretty good.. See that game against the Mavericks afew weeks ago?? I think first quarter it was like 20-4 or something for the Raptors... then somehow Dirk managed to come back and go crazy in the 2nd half but still, they were putting up a fight with arguably the 2nd best team in the NBA.. Plus just look at how they are playing most nights, very solid and its a pretty young team, in afew years they could be good.

20. LarksTongues

LarksTongues SS.org Regular

I'm just glad that the Raptors are the most entertaining they've been since Vince Carter basically quit on us.