NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

I've got Live '04. My bases are covered. :lol:

2. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I got all the Live series games between 97 and 2001, then I also got 2K3 and 2K5. I was originally thinking about getting the 2K7, but was told by friends saying Live 07 is just slight better, especially when you play the dynasty mode.

3. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

The animation and play mechanics of Live are just so second rate compared to 2k7. 2k's ISO-motion and in depth mechanis enable you to literally do everything you can do in a real NBA game, and SMOOTHLY.

To put it simply, Live is like an arcade game. 2k7 is just as fun but is realistic.

4. The Dark Wolf

^ :agreed: Very realistic. I like all the dribble moves. But it's bitch getting used to the right control stick being used for shots in 2K, when in L04 it's used for dribble moves and jukes. :mad: I've thrown up so many damn 3/4 court shots! :lol:

Just like on Live 04, I still score 100+ PPG, average 20+ assists, and 20+ steals, with my starting point guard CAP. :lol: (Of course, that's on rookie for now, as I'm getting used to the 2K gameplay and controls.)

5. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Based on my experience with 2K3 and 2K5, I really wanted to agree with you... but I see a major dropoff in graphics and game play between 2K3 and 2K5. In a way I worried seeing the same dropoff in game play in 2K7... so at this point I am really leaning toward Live 07 instead.

6. The Dark Wolf

The graphics on 2K7 kick major ass (and I've still got XBOX1). Gameplay... feels good. A bit faster and looser than the Live stuff (although I haven't played 07).

Like Nick says, feels more realistic. I think Live is better for a more strategic, slower-paced game. 1960's Bball. 2K7 is the modern game - quick, with monster fast breaks, awesome dunks, and way better passing. Live, the defenses are a bit tougher, and the zones are monsters. But they box the shit out of you in 2K7. Got to get a line to drive, or risk a charge.

7. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Yeah, I realize the pros and cons between the two too... tough call in a way. Then again, my experience with 2K5 isn't one to remember, man. For starters, you can't even change the player's jersey # during editing!!! Plus, when or if you win the championship, it ends just like any other game without anything special. Ok, it is NOT a major requirement for it to be fun, but it certainly kills a ton of fun by not making it special at the end of a season. Then players seem to be running half circle when they dribble, but all I wanted to go was to go forward!!! I can go on and on with 2K5...

8. zimbloth

That doesnt happen in 2k7. 2k6 was also a vast improvement over 2k5. 2k5 was kind of buggy.

9. MetalMike

MetalMike IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD Contributor

I happen to like 2K6 a little bit more than 2K7. 2K7 is almost too realistic. (At least the 360 version) Sure it looks amazing and you can as Zimbloth said, do anything you can do in a real NBA game, and I love what they did, creating accurate portrayals of the players shots, but it has become too difficult to play. The CPU defense is amazing. The elaborate catching motion generally slows down anything resembling a fast break. You don't make shots unless your wide open, or your player is on a hot streak. If I wasn't a big NBA fan I'd probably hate this game.

10. zimbloth

Maybe turn the difficulty down.

11. MetalMike

MetalMike IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD Contributor

It's the default difficulty. If you read the reviews, that is a notable plus in there opinion, but IMO it makes it less fun. However, it's still a great, incredibly realistic game. I guess I'm trying to say I like 2K6 a little bit more.

12. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

The Bulls are representin'. Shittin' on the Heat on their ring night! :lol:

13. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

How about them Bulls? Suddenly they look so damn good.

14. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Hey, what happened to you guys? It feels like suddenly no one watches the NBA here?!

15. zimbloth

I watch. It's just so early in the season, waiting to see what things develope. I will say I think Gilbert Arenas is going to be MVP.

16. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

While I like Arenas' game, I think D-Wade would get an upper hand over him as far as winning the MVP award is concerned. With that said, if the Cavs win more than 50 games and advance to at least the second round, the award should goes to LeBron.

17. juggernaut

juggernaut SS.org Regular

go rockets!

18. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

Areanas is a baller. He can slash, shoot, pass, play D, he'll give you everything he's got. Personally, I think D Wade is a big hype. The kid can play, but I feel he still has alot to learn on the court.

And, what in the hell is going on with the Bulls? Why can't they beat them!!!

19. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Don't get me wrong, I like BOTH D-Wade and Arenas. As of right now, I am just a bit bias on D-Wade, you know? With that said, ain't that funny how things turned out? Arenas used to be a bench warmer and never got ANY minute while he was with the Warriors, and now he is the face of the Wiz... bad management, BAD management!

20. zimbloth

Wade has Shaq, Antoine Walker, Haslem, Payton, Mourning, etc. Arenas has Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison and then random stiffs.. Arenas is a more complete player than Wade and is more clutch. Wade is great, but he doesnt have the outside shot like Gilbert does.