NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Nick

Nick Stop the Madness!

some of the deals this year are insane - Derozen earns $57 a minute that he is alive for the next 4 years!

2. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

That TV deal definitely messed up Adam Silver's plan on keeping the salary cap system alive, as well as making sure small market teams stay competitive. I am fully expecting another lockout in the summer of 2017, when both sides can re-open another collective bargain discussion meeting. If not, the cap is expected to reach the $105M per team level... this is insane!

3. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

Wade has gone to the Bulls. This offseason is just bananas.

On KD to the Warriors, I'm not mad at him for doing whatever it takes to get a ring, he deserves it, and I'm not mad at the Warriors for getting him either, because who wouldn't? Still, something about it just doesn't sit totally right with me, for whatever reason. I was really hoping that him and Westbrook would be able to make it happen with OKC, they were my go-to League Pass team on nights the Rockets weren't playing.

4. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I don't think signing D-Wade is such a great move for the Bulls at all....it is a puzzling move in my opinion...Wade+Rondo+Butler as a trio has the name recognition and looks good on paper...all 3 needs the ball to be effective....if you say they take turn initiating the offense, then you need the other 2 to space the floor...neither Wade nor Rondo shoots 3s...it now means Mirotic almost has to start at the 4 but then you have another weak defender on the floor....I don't think Rondo and Wade are good defenders anymore...and then you have the issue of style....I thought the Bulls wanted to get younger and Hoiberg wanted to install sort of a pace-and-space system....that goes out of the window now....

5. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

Yep, I agree with all that. Another brilliant move by the Bulls front office. :rolleyes:

6. Womb raider

Womb raider ESP Addict

Bulls didn't really have much of a choice tbh. They could have tanked I suppose, but there's no guarantee they'd get a high pick and they lose out on a lot of potential playoff money. They could have saved the salary for next year's crop of free agents, but what big name free agent wants to sign with a crappy team?
    I suppose their mentality was to construct a competitive team and hopefully entice some big name free agent to sign with them next year. The team is cobbled together poorly and a few injuries will kill the season, but looking at it from the front office's perspective, there's not much else they could have done. As it is now, they went from missing the playoffs to being a 4 or 5 seed, despite having a clueless coach. I will watch because it will either be a decent season or a train wreck.

7. extendedsolo

extendedsolo SS.org Regular

As a Bulls fan, Gar Forman and John Paxton have been a disaster in the front office for awhile now. They wielded their power by firing Tom Thibidou and hiring a vastly inferior coach in Hoiberg. No one respects Hoiberg and he'll be back to coaching college kids where it's way easier to coach because he's terrible. The Bulls will continue to spin their wheels until Reinsdorf dies and someone else has the chance to buy the team. The Wade signing is just a way to keep interest up and sell tickets. It's going to be a massive disaster with Butler, Rondo, and Wade this year. At least it'll be fun to watch from the outside.

8. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

IMHO, the Bulls have already traded away D-Rose (injury prone or not, people still buy tix to see him play) and then letting both Noah and Pau walk... they should never have signed Rondo in that case. Plus, before they signed D-Wade, they were in a semi-rebuild mode anyway, why not find a taker for Butler and get some nice pieces back for a full rebuild instead of this half way approach? The Bulls are now good enough to make the playoffs, perhaps as good as the #5 seed; but are never bad enough to earn a good draft pick for the next two years or so. Oh, and have I already mentioned Rondo? Let's hope he doesn't do anything stupid to ruin the team's chemistry at all.

9. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

It is official. Timmy retires... thanks for everything, and you sir made those Lakers / Spurs playoffs battles fun! I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and the Spurs organization. Good luck the rest of your life!

10. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

11. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

Alright alright

Lets bring this thread back!

Anyone got thoughts on the season so far?

Rooting for the spurs, looking good! Even the bench is great

Warriors are so stacked its almost goofy to watch.

12. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

All i know is i call the uv777bk "Jerry West" cos it's the (ss.org) logo.

13. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I haven't watched the Knicks for over a month until tonight on ABC... man, I thought my Lakers suck on D... geez, the Knicks ain't even trying tonight! And without Irving, the Cavs ain't even trying to push things either, yet they are up by double digital effortlessly... not a good game to watch so far.

EDIT: Congrats to LBJ for reaching 28,000pts.

14. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Draymond Green got a triple-double @ Grizzlies tonight with only 4 points. He has 4 pts, 12 rebs, 10 assists, 10 steals. Wow!

15. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Kyrie Irving believes the earth is flat. Link :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

And Draymond Green agrees with him. And Blake Griffin is a creationist.

I hadn't read all of what Kyrie said, but damn his reasoning is just awful. Like, really awful. He literally suggests thinking it through when he clearly hasn't. The guy is from Australia, flight times don't make sense with a flat earth. He has enough money to learn to fly, buy a plane and do a lap to prove it.

17. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

Enjoyed the all star game, love seeing ridiculous alley oops.

Cousins is over to the Pelicans now. I love watching Anthony Davis play, so will be interesting to see them together.

18. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I don't know, man. Personally I thought this year's ASG was just meh... the event I enjoyed the most was actually the Skills Challenge. Both the Slam Dunk contest and the 3-pts shooting contest were just too anti-climatic to be enjoyable.

The Pelicans are now one of the toughest teams inside on both ends. They are only 2.5 games behind the #8 Nuggets as of right now, and with 25 games left to go, the Pels could go as high as #7, I think.

19. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I am watching the Lakers @ Thunder when typing this message. The LA crew did a prolonged interview with Magic. He definitely sounds like he know what he is doing, and I am feeling MUCH BETTER about him being in charge now. Lol!

20. GH0STrider

GH0STrider Resident Gangsta

You're in a better place than my Bulls. :scratch: