NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rummy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

Oh man this media speculation about George Karl "openly discussing" deals that involve trading DeMarcus Cousins is killing me... Which I guess might be good news if you're a Lakers fan. Hopefully gets confirmed or denied soon, the reason I too am looking forward to the draft.

2. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

The Kings are so dysfunctional, whether George Karl is fired or not, or whether DMC is traded or not; they won't go very far before the season even get started! I thought the Maloof brothers were bad. Man, this new owner Vivek Ranadivé ain't much better IMO. We will see how this play out. At this stage, I don't see the Lakers would make a move on DMC. I think they will wait and check guys like K-Love or LA. I don't think Marc Gasol would leave Memphis though.

Oh, I thought the T-Wolves, Lakers and even the Knicks all got the right guy for their teams. And what is up with those Knicks' fans and Stephen A. Smith? I mean, don't be stupid and just STFU! Let Porzingis play first before you guys boo him already! He cannot be any worse than those clowns in Knicks uniforms last season!

3. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

Yeah even with Divac as VP of basketball and franchise operations The Kings management is pretty much looked at as a clown show. I thought Cauley-Stein wasn't a bad pick though. For an elite defender big dude's got some range https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89E4DyhVU0 I get that its just for practice/demonstration and its totally different when someone is actually there to guard you, but I'm pretty excited to see what he'll do on the floor in a Kings jersey this upcoming season.

Right? Porzingis seems promising too... Especially for the age of 19. Over 7 feet tall, dunks for days, also a consistent shooter and rim protector? Doesn't make sense to just boo the guy before he gets to prove himself in a game. Its like oh you're new to the NBA? Well forget all those prior years of experience you may have, because we hate you.

4. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Yeah, dude, good luck with the Kings next season, I guess.

As for the Porzingis booing, that is why I never have any respect for those Knicks fans. Hell, in my eyes Melo is making a fool out of himself over this whole thing too. Using those Knicks fans logic on him, what have you done for the Knicks, like ever? So maybe before you hate on a new dude, you first start winning more games? Just saying. :scratch: :lol:

5. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

I'm anxious to see how well Thunder will do next season as they had a pretty rough year....interesting to see how their new coach will do as well.

A little late here but I was glad to see Golden State win it and I really like that game so congrats to them. The draft was ok, like I said, can't wait to see how Thunder will do. :yesway:

6. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

So anyone gonna be watching Summer League?

7. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I watched a few minutes of it... I think it was the Grizzlies vs Hornets. Then again, the competition isn't as tough as the real thing; so I only stayed watching for a short while. Will watch more when the LV Summer League starts, I guess? I wanted to check out D'Angelo Russell.

8. MaxSwagger

MaxSwagger SS.org Regular

I'm fortunate enough to have a tv decently close to my desk so I usually catch quite a bit of it since it's on during work hours. Usually try to watch specific players more than teams. But yeah, the competition isn't there so you have to take that into perspective.

9. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Some NBA front office people have mentioned this in the past, and I think it is a valid point, in light of the DeAndre Jordan situation - the NBA needs to change one of their free agency rules - either open the free agency period after they have come up with the salary cap number for the upcoming season, or the player will have to put his signature on a contract when he agrees, without knowing the exact amount he will make (even though the uncertainty will last for only maybe a week to 10 days)......

10. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

Yeah LV Summer League is where its at for you and I since thats where our teams are at.
    "the competition isn't as tough as the real thing" TELL ME ABOUT IT, my Kings are the "defending summer league champs"...w/ no playoff appearance in 9 years+no other championship victories...it hurts.
    Yeah I'm trying to see this Sim Bhullar guy and Kings draft pick Willy Cauley-Stein.

Sac is up against the Raptors at 6:30 ET, and it says your Lakers and D'Angelo Russell face the T Wolves at 8:30 ET.

Also in light of DeAndre Jordan: THIS KID'S FRICKIN MELTDOWN HOLY CRAP :lol:

11. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

12. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

13. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Can you guys believe the FIRST pre-season game of the year is tonight in LA? The Nuggets @ Clippers to be exact. I might tune in to watch a few minutes of it, but I won't expect much out of any pre-season game.

14. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

KOBE FOREVER!!!!

15. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

This thread is a ghost town.

If the Rockets were gonna pick a year to .... the bed, I guess it may as well be this one, since Golden State and San Antonio are goddamn juggernauts right now anyway. Still disappointing and embarrassing though. I blame Khloe Kardashian. :lol:

16. VILARIKA

VILARIKA SS.org Regular

I agree, the Rockets might be able to get away with 1 win against those teams in the playoffs. And now that Blake is gone too, the path to the WCF will be pretty easy for them

17. Smoked Porter

I mostly agree, but I think the Thunder will still be trouble for SA and GSW. But yeah, the west isn't looking nearly as stacked as last year.

18. VILARIKA

VILARIKA SS.org Regular

Oops totally forgot about them.

I've been thinking about that Spurs vs Warriors game. It was such a landslide, would Duncan playing have made a big difference? Curry still couldn't be contained by Kawhi and the Warriors forced a lot of turnovers. Then their bench came in and killed them too

19. Smoked Porter

Not sure, to be honest, but probably not on that night. My memory's a little foggy on it. I actually watched that game (or tried to anyway), but nodded off sometime in the second quarter, and woke up to the final score. :noway: :lol:

20. Smoked Porter

So this was pretty awesome.