My tribute to Chimaira - Lumps Cover

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Chi, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Since Chimaira disbanded and I absolutely love their first studio-album, I decided to cover one of my favorite songs off of Pass Out of existence.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/chiatphil/chimaira-lumps-chi-tribute-cover[/SC]

I tried to capture a few characteristics here and there, but I still tried to make it sound like Chi. It's a shame their future albums didn't really catch my attention and I really think they should've stuck with their original style. A great addition to the world of Nu Metal.

Playing is a little sloppy here and there, haven't been on my guitar for a week or so, but I know that's no excuse. :lol: I hope you enjoy listening, if you guys have any questions regarding how I work and what I use, feel free to post these here.

Cheers.

DeKay likes this.
  2. Alpha-Dee

Alpha-Dee SS.org Regular

Aww man, I was really close to doing a song from The Impossibility of Reason or Resurrection! :D

Your guitar tone is very "Periphery I"-like. Minimum gain, very middy. Not that it's a bad thing, just making observations.

3. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Do it! Resurrection is probably the only song apart from the POOE album I like. (Because of that one riff, you know which one.)

And well, I lowered the gain on the intro triplet part because I thought it sounded better. The rest of the tone has much more gain actually. :agreed:

4. Alpha-Dee

Alpha-Dee SS.org Regular

Maybe I will! We'll see how it goes.

5. Chi

Chi Niverlare

A little extra for my YouTube upload - I've done a video playthrough of the song as well, so people don't have to stare at a picture while listening. :ugh:

6. DeKay

DeKay Caynug

pure sex