My Fitness Pal

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Preacher, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

So, weighed myself at the weekend at the behest of my wife (she did as well, buts that a whole other story of drama!) and needless to say, not taking care of myself, eating rubbish, drinking to much and not exercising has taken its toll. 216 lb's on Sunday, which is way overweight for someone of my height (6ft 2in). Back on the wagon it is, so while I am broke as anything I can't join a gym to start lifting weights again, I can watch what I eat, and do stuff like running.

My biggest problem (in all aspects of my life lol) is keeping motivated and invested in something. I know what I want to be like in terms of physical fitness (1st goal with weights when I start again is to bench my own body weight, run 5k without dying etc) but need encouragement (and occasional shaming when I slack!) to that end, I'm using my fitness pal, and the more people I have on their as friends the better! my user name is:

8_string_menace

So if anyone wants to add me, go for it, as the more help I can get from you awesome people the better!

2. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I was using that app for awhile, and it was a legitimate plateau-buster. I work out a lot but was taking a "oh, I exercised a ton- I'll eat & drink what I want!" approach after dropping about 50. Once the results were slowing-down, I started using the app and realized that some of the things I didn't think were that bad were, in fact, that bad.

Of course, I've been slacking on using the app lately and really need to get back on it.

3. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

I have found almost the reverse, actually trying to eat my recommended intake of 2150 cal per day is almost impossible, but has made me realize my gut is basically the result of beer and whiskey!

4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

216 is too heavy for 6'2"???

I started at 235lbs and I'm 5'9". I'm down to 200.8 today and I'm only supposed to be getting down to around 180 - 190lbs.

5. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Never heard of this. But as my gains are slowing down, maybe I should look into it...

6. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

it is when its all beer gut and legs due to cycling/running everywhere. Im almost a reverse triangle man lol. weights and eating right are starting to sort it out, im fairly lucky with my metabolism in that its either muscle or fat that piles on quickly to a degree. I would imagine with muscle I should be around to 200-210lb mark if I get to where I want to be (lean with some size but not massive Ronnie coleman style)