My cat is very sick and I need your help...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by warlock7strEMG, Nov 25, 2016.

1. warlock7strEMG

warlock7strEMG SS.org Regular

This is not the kind of thing I would normally do, especially not for something I need. But as the title implies I'm trying to help my furry little guy that cannot help himself.

This morning my cat was diagnosed with diabetes and blood glucose level being dangerously high and requiring immediate attention. With that he is requiring some over the weekend emergency treatment to get his glucose levels down and to determine what kind of daily treatment he is going to have to be on from here on out.

The problem with this is that it is very very expensive. Especially for over the weekend stuff. I have created a go fund me campaign to try to raise money for his treatment, I just want to give him the best possible treatment he can get to get better. If you are reading this and can help please take a look at this. Thank you so much.

https://www.gofundme.com/vs-help-my-sick-cat-cleo

2. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Hey dude, threw a little your way. Hope he gets on the mend soon!

3. warlock7strEMG

Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how much that means to me.

4. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic Contributor

I've been in this exact position, so I contributed. Hope he feels better.

5. pondman

pondman Build Whore. Contributor

Keeping my fingers crossed for the little fella. I've been through this and its a lousy feeling. Just donated.

6. warlock7strEMG

A huge thanks to Pondman and Webmaestro as well!! You guys are amazing.

7. warlock7strEMG

Just a quick update, Cleo has returned back home and thanks to the doctors at the overnight emergency care facility his blood sugar is back to a safe level. He will require daily insulin shots along with his new diabetic diet food. He is expected to be just fine and recover from this with sticking to daily regimented food and injections.

However the astronomical vet bills do still exist and will continue to grow for a little while longer as he is still going to have to have medicine purchased and returned check up visits(including one later this week) to monitor his blood sugar. So if you guys can still pass the word on and share my go fund me campaign I would certainly appreciate it.

http://www.gofundme.com/vs-help-my-sick-cat-cleo

8. Baelzebeard

Baelzebeard Grinder of strings

We just went through almost the exact same thing with our cat Caesar.
    We took him in to the vet thinking he was actually dying after he had been acting out of sorts for while, and worried we might have to have him put to sleep. The vet did blood tests and his blood sugar was crazy high.

But, I'll tell you what, after a couple weeks on insulin, he has turned around. He actually looks better than he has for quite a while.

So, stay strong Warlock, and give your kitty a hug from us.

9. warlock7strEMG

UPDATE!!

IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2090.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_2245.JPG IMG_2270.JPG

I know am definitely giving this old thread a huge bump, but this update is worth it :)

For those of you who saw this originally and donated to help my cat Cleo, or even just offered positive works of encouragement, your help and kindness has been greatly appreciated. Words cannot express my gratitude.

Cleo is currently doing wonderful. It's been a bit of a rough journey but it seems to all be paying off. Earlier this year I was able to start getting his blood sugar straightened out and under control. With the help of insulin and switching to all canned cat food of course(higher protein less carbohydrates....which turn to sugar. Carbs/sugar are terrible for any diabetic human or animal)

However shortly after that he became very ill from what I now believe to be some sort of blood parasite according to what the doctor has told me. Initially I was told that it was cancer and that I was going to have to say goodbye to him and put him to sleep. As you can imagine this was the worst possible news I could've heard. However his usual doctor believed it to be an infection/parasite and encouraged me to continue treating him with antibiotics, and throughout this I was having to hand feed him because he was not eating on his own.

Several days later he started to perk up a little bit and started eating on his own again and appeared to make a drastic recovery.

Now with him being diabetic and having to regulate his blood sugar with insulin I have had to start testing his blood sugar at home, which is something I started earlier this year. However once he recuperated from his infection or whatever it was that made him really sick, something awesome and unexpected happened… His blood sugar began returning to normal on its own without the help of insulin! And I am happy to say that Cleo is now going on 4 months of being in remission from diabetes. He's back to his healthy weight and eating normal. I still check his blood sugar at least once a week to make sure all is well, but so far so good :D

Now I still have his gofundme campaign set up because even though we are out of the woods with his health, I came out of pocket all vet bills that probably equaled the equivalent of a decent older used car. So needless to say I am still trying to play catch up financially. Anyone who sees this, if you find it in your heart to donate to his campaign or at least spread the word to others who might be able to do so, that would be hugely appreciated!! On top of that, if he does start having any kind of health problems again, I want to make sure I am financially able to get him the care he is, as feline diabetes can be unpredictable and return at any time.

Here is the link to Cleos gofundme campaign

https://www.gofundme.com/vs-help-my-sick-cat-cleo

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    jwade likes this.
  10. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

That's a really cute cat. Glad he's doing so much better!

11. warlock7strEMG

Thank you so much!! And sorry it took me so long to reply to this!! Things have been nuts.

Is your cat still doing okay?

12. warlock7strEMG

Thank you!! Yeah he's so majestic and regal and he knows it too!! Hahaha. He's the best pet anyone could ask for, and I am relieved that he is doing better now.

13. Baelzebeard

Baelzebeard Grinder of strings

Yeah, Caesar is doing good, (he turns 18 next month).
    I'm glad to hear that Cleo has made such a recovery. That's amazing.

14. warlock7strEMG

Thank you :) and that's awesome!! Cleo is 13 almost 14. Cats are known to stick around a long time!!! You should a post a pic of Caesar.

15. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Great news, mate.

16. warlock7strEMG

Thank you :)