My 2nd guitar solo contest

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by eayottes, Nov 8, 2018.

1. eayottes

eayottes SS.org Regular

Hey guys, since I got some really good (i.e. practical and useful) constructive criticism last time, I've decided to post my 2nd guitar solo contest entry here. I finished 2nd last time, but I have no expectation of winning this time. I mostly decided to enter this new contest just to get more experience and feedback from the judges.

We were asked by Ed Garcia (Vitalism) to compose a solo on a backing track he supplied, which is from the Vitalism song Bipolarity. The backing track contained some of the harmonies from Ed's original solo, which was a bit of a pain in the ass, i.e. the section near the end.

The solo had to be uploaded to Instagram (my IG: @hungryguitarstudent) and also sent by email, hence the other thread I started about Instagram audio quality on iOS.

Any constructive criticism is really appreciated :)

Disclaimer: audio quality is not great and I'm not a pro, I have a lot of things to work on (vibrato, intonation, cleaning up my technique). Anyhow, here it is... Thanks in advance for the listen, it's much appreciated :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    cwhitey2 and Sogradde like this.
  2. delson

delson SS.org Regular

Well done! It turned out not bad, in any case, I liked it! Keep it up!;)