Musicians friend card? Advice needed

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by BusinessMan, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:28 PM.

1. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Hello. Sorry I forgot this is posted in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put.

So I was browsing on MF and I saw that a guitar that I've wanted for some time has 48 month financing with zero interest during that time. Has anyone used Mf's in house financing? I was thinking it would work well because the payments are pretty low per month (and I could pay extra if need be). So I'm just looking for anyone who has experience with them and their financing.

Thanks for any and all help.

2. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

Works great
    Don't be late or you'll pay huge fees

3. BusinessMan

When they say no interest, do they really mean no interest during the payment length?

4. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Most likely. But prepare to be gouged if you happen to miss a payment and take longer than the 48 months.

Also, financing a guitar for two years sounds like a bad idea. If it was a car on a 3 year payment plan, awesome - but it's just a guitar. Unless it's making you money to pay it off once you buy it, I would not finance at 48mo. Sure the waiting and saving sucks but it's probably going to be easier on your wallet long-term than financing.

sirbuh likes this.
  5. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Simple as it is to grasp, ignoring that advice is the sole reason retail financing exists.

6. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Pretty sure they use the same financing company that sweetwater uses. It is in fact zero interest so long as you make the payments. It's not the wisest to sink four years into a single piece of gear, but if you intend/have the means of doing it much quicker, then it's fine. (I'm currently on a 48 month payment plan, two months in and almost entirely paid off. Will be paid off by the end of january.)

Don't do anything you're not comfortable with. 4 years is a pretty insane commitment to take, and if you slip up, the interest/fees will suck ass.

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  7. park0496

park0496 SS.org Regular

It's synchrony financial, same as Guitar Center/Sam Ash/etc.. What I've done was set up automatic payments and make additional payments to pay it off early.

8. BusinessMan

Thanks for the advice. I was intending to pay the minimum plus some extra every month to go on top of that cutting the time down some.

crankyrayhanky likes this.