Musician's Friend can go fuck themselves. (story)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goatfork, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

I didn't know where to put this other than off-topic. Mods, move it if you wish.

*also, sorry for the language

GODDAMN FUCKING MUSICIANS FRIEND!!!!!
    My grandmother ordered a Rocktron Velocity 300 for me for Christmas (I know, she's amazing) but it was faulty. I called up Rocktron not a week after Christmas and they told me there was a bad shipment of the power amps and that Musician's Friend would replace it. If not, Rocktron would.

I called up MF when I could and talked for a good hour or so with some dim operator. She told me many reassuring things, such as their return policy is 1-year from the purchase. She claimed to have fixed everything, and that I'd get an email in the next 15min or so.

A week passed. No email.

I called up MF again and talked to some guy. He said she did it all wrong which is why it didn't go through. He apologized and got all the info he needed and told me I should receive and email in about 15 min.

ANOTHER WEEK PASSED. NO EMAIL.

I called up a third time this last Friday and talked to another lady. She said that there were complications with the fact that I live in Alaska that affected the exchange. We sorted through them for about an hour and got everything sorted out. She claimed that since MF cannot ship directly to Alaska, she had to run it through USPS, and that I'd get an email from them in the next couple hours or so. I reminded her that I had yet to actually receive an email, or any confirmation for that matter, that anything would actually happen. She told me that if I didn't receive and email by Sunday that something was wrong, and to try again.

IT IS TUESDAY. NO GODDAMN EMAIL.

I called up again and was very blunt. The man on the other line told me that the problem was that their policy for returns was 45 days, and that I had exceeded the time to return my package. When I told him that I had been trying for a month AND that I was told by the first lady that their policy was not 45 days but a year, he scoffed and said, "Sorry sir, but there's nothing we can do."

WELL FUCK YOU MUSICIAN'S FRIEND. FUCK. YOU.

I immediately called Rocktron up to have them sort out all this bullshit, BUT THEY WERE CLOSED.

Here I am, with a broken gift that I have been trying to replace for about a month, and it seems that everything possible out of my hands is keeping me from getting what my dear grandmother spent her hard-earned money on.

FUCK. MUSICIAN'S. FRIEND.

2. Razzy

Razzy [10]

When they said you'd receive an email in 15 minutes, why did you wait a week before calling again?

3. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

My thoughts exactly.

4. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

I wanted to make absolutely sure that they just weren't going to send it. Maybe they were busy the day during/after, maybe it was a hectic environment because Christmas had just happened, idk. I figured a week is long enough to know know for sure whether a massive company like them had ignored you and not followed through on their own policies or not.

5. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

I would have been nice, and waited 16 minutes. Then I would have unleashed hell.

I'm a great customer...until you piss me off. Then I get people fired.

I'd keep harassing them. Fuck the '45 day' bullshit. They sent you a broken piece of equipment (Rocktrons fault, I know, doesn't matter), and they need to replace it. End of story.

But, if you want to go the easier route, call Rocktron. I've heard they've got pretty damned good customer service, honestly.

6. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

Oh the irony:

[​IMG]

Dan likes this.
  7. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

^I must admit, that's pretty funny. The only thing is it doesn't appear like that on my end so I couldn't see it first had :/

8. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Ads like that only show up to people who aren't logged into the site. Damn ironic, still. :lol:

Sorry for your troubles. I can sympathize, as I live in Whitehorse. We probably get the shaft even worse than you. :lol:

9. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

So, every time you called, they said they would send an e-mail within 15 minutes. Yet every time you waited a week instead?

You're just as silly as they are.

10. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

They only appear if you aren't registered or logged in.

I had a similar experience with a product from MF (though not with customer service so inept), so I just sent my brand new, malfunctioning merchandise to the manufacturer and they fixed it, free of charge.

11. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

While I agree maybe he was a bit too lenient in how often he checked up, I doubt it would have made a difference. They were feeding him bullshit left, right and center, that probably won't be changed regardless of how often he phoned.

12. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

Sorry but I didn't need to read the rest.

13. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

That's not necessarily true. If I were to be lenient, the most I'd wait is a day. Realistically, I'd probably give it 5-10 hours (if that).

Company A might enjoy the fact that it takes you a week to call back. They're hoping that each time you get a little more frustrated that you eventually give up. That way you're out money AND a product.

Company B might be the complete opposite. You wait 15 minutes, call, and they give you a story about how "someone else messed up". They say, "Give me 15 minutes." You wait 15 minutes and call back. They might say, "Damn, you're a persistent little bastard, aren't ya'? All right, send it back to this address. We'll ship you out a new one."

Every company is going to be different.

14. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    You could pursue it through Rocktron, but you could also have your grandmother challenge it through her credit card. I might not want to have GC make any money on the sale after all that, and you might not either.

No major credit card will let a customer be left holding the bag. The fact that it went to Alaska doesn't matter.

Just a thought!

15. WickedSymphony

WickedSymphony SS.org Regular

:agreed:

Just challenge the charge on her credit card and they'll take care of you. Sucks that they gave you the run around on this shit though.

I've had my own stories with shit from MF, but they take care of me every time. Actually, just this past week I ordered a bunch of cables, yet 1 of them was back ordered. The back ordered one was shipped in an envelope that, by the time it arrived at my door step, was just an open, empty bag (I'd blame UPS, but I also blame shitty packaging on their part). So, I e-mailed them up and told them what happened, and since I ordered 4 of that particular cable, they resent 4. So I got 3 extra cables (which just arrived not 10 minutes ago) :lol:

16. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

I'm probably just going to hit up Rocktron tomorrow morning. They should work things out. If for whatever reason it doesn't I'll try the credit card thing you guys mentioned.

17. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I've had nothing but positive experiences with MF.

18. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

No actually 45 days is bullshit. I'm not sure what the law is (being from Australia myself), but I wouldn't be suprised if you have Implied warranty cover beyond that legally.

Call up Musicians Friend AGAIN. If you get the same 45 day bullshit, ask to speak to a manager. If not threaten to take legal action against them. Then if the manager is less helpful, threaten legal action AGAIN. Keep moving up the chain until

Make it clear you WILL challenge the purchase to the credit card company. Make it clear you will be contacting your lawyer. Remind them that you have spoken to Rocktron personally but that they have a responsibility, and Rocktron has admitted they fucked up.

If they say, we'll send you an email in 15 minutes, you reply. "I'm going to stay on the line until I get it... If I don't receive it in 15 minutes and 1 second I'll be calling again."

Stay calm and make it clear that unless they deal with it that you are not only going to take legal action, but make it very clear to the online community that they cannot be trusted.

zeppelinrock34 likes this.
  19. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

^I like this. A tad harsh, but I like it.

20. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

That's not harsh...

A certain company (that will not be named) gave me crap like that when I bought one of their items and it caused serious damage to my house.

After I made the point that they should be completely replacing the item they dicked me around for 3 weeks...

They got a letter threatening a law suit from my Lawyer...

Needless to say they responded in a much kinder matter after that.

THAT was harsh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.