Music Man Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple 7-String in action!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by thejone, Sep 30, 2017.

1. thejone

thejone SS.org Regular

This is my new song "The Residual Man". This is a song a worked on for more than a year. It contains more than 50 guitar tracks, all recorded with the 3 majesty guitars you see in the video. The song further contains more than 100 time signature changes and a sampled full orchestra (21 instrument tracks).
    Please let me know what you think! Regards, J

2. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

My new song has 61 tracks recorded on 4 Majesty guitars and has 200 time signature changes

TVasquez96, bloc, fps and 5 others like this.
  3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

The song I intend to record at some future point in time can only be appreciated with regard to its statistical density and the look of the guitars heard therein.

thejone likes this.
  4. thejone

thejone SS.org Regular

hm....I see your point.
    I guess, I overdid it in the description of the song. However, I like complexity in things. It this is one aspect I am especially proud of in that song and this can be very easily put out in words, while others can't.
    Thanks for your comments guys; I am rather unexperianced in presenting my music to other people in words and also thankful for comments in that matter.
    Regards, J

5. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

For maximal guitar ownage, refer to Tenacious D's virtuoso laden "1 note song"

So complex it's unlearnable unless you were born during the 3rd crescent moon of the year of the snake and to an unwed Hungarian chambermaid.

thejone likes this.
  6. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

killer playing that does those majesty's proud!!

odibrom and thejone like this.
  7. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

No problem! Tommy Wiseau did a great job with the video, and it must have been a pain to pantomime the guitar parts for that long while being sure to keep your other two guitars in the shot. Are you endorsed, or just want EBMM to know you imported the same guitar three times?

thejone likes this.
  8. thejone

thejone SS.org Regular

@marcwormjim
    Hi! I did ask for your opinions, so thanks. Actually those guitars are really different.
    Regards, J

9. odibrom

odibrom .

@thejone I kind of like your tune, some kind of "Orchestral Symphonic Progressive Metal". Your playing is superb, congrats, and you don't seem to need "gymmics" nor "pyrotechnic" techniques to make your ideas come out. Pretty awesome.

What I think could be worked is that your song is full of orchestral "common places", I mean, the relation between the guitar and all the other instruments is already heard from lots of different places (I'm thinking Therion minus the voices, for example), which doesn't bring anything new to the table, which is a pity, since you clearly have a lot to give. Doubling riffs in different instruments has its age and place. Doing it once is OK, more than that just gets to be a little kind of "Déjà vu", IMO, and you clearly don't need that.

Though your guitars may be really different from each other, it doesn't come out in the mix. There are so many instruments in the mix that the subtle nuances of different guitars just don't cut, IMO. Because of the "over-the-top" orchestral arrangements, those guitar details are lost in the mix, IMO. I'd go for a more raw kind of overall sound.

Nevertheless, it's an excellent piece of work and you should be proud of that.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    thejone likes this.
  10. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Meanwhile we're all just SO blown away by your original work... oh wait. :rolleyes: I'm sure in your mind, your posts are genius and of major comedic value to everyone on the internet, but honestly when I see you post crap like this you just come across as an asshole. The guy clearly put time into his work and said he's new to sharing his music with others, you're over here taking passive-aggressive shots at the kid repeatedly. You're not funny, hate to break it to you.

11. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Back to the OP, I only got about halfway through the vid (it's 8 mins and I'm tired haha) but I will say sometimes the "less is more" approach is best when it comes to dense orchestral pieces. When you have too much going on, it can be a little hard to hear all the complexity you were hoping to build and pieces can get overshadowed. The guitar seemed mixed a bit lower in some spots which made it hard to make out over some of the orchestral pieces.

Other than that, I'd say thanks for sharing it man, don't let folks get you down with their negativity and snarky attitudes! :)

thejone and odibrom like this.
  12. PBGas

PBGas SS.org Regular

Nicely done, Jon! Don't listen to the nay Sayers. Enjoy what you do and have fun with expressing your music. Beautiful guitars btw!

thejone likes this.
  13. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

That was fun. There was a lot going on - but stuff like this isn’t my usual thing, so I don’t have any good feedback. It was well-composed, and you clearly spent a lot of time on it. Keep doing your thing and keep writing.

thejone likes this.
  14. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Nice work. Don't mind the guys that are just posting to be snarky, they have nothing worthwhile to contribute so you can ignore them. Pretty much everybody else here does.

TheDandy, Zepos16, AxeHappy and 3 others like this.
  15. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

The sad thing is it would have been a refreshing change of pace from his typical Strandberg tantrums had it been funny and not come at the expense of a talented kid who actually posted something interesting.

16. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

love that purple majesty tho

(my burn was meant in good humor, but honestly "number of time signature changes" is not a particularly useful method for determining quality of a song, tell us more about the FEELING behind it)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    thejone likes this.
  17. thejone

thejone SS.org Regular

Thanks guys for your comments and the support. I really appreciate that. Also a big thanks to you that you took your time to listen to the song! I will try to implement your suggestions into future projects.
    I understand that less can be more but somehow I tend to end up with overloaded songs and I kind of like that. Although, I believe that only small variations of the intensity in a song even if the intesity is relativly high will be exhausting to the ears of a listener.
    Still, I have to smile a little bit over that expression "less can be more" and the reason for that is the video below:

Thank you very much again for letting me know what you think about the song and investing the time to listen to it.
    Regards, J

18. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Good work dude, and keep at it! The playing is tight, and you clearly understand how to write music really well. I wish I knew a shred of theory to help me when I try to write anything.

Those Majesties are sick too, The Monarchy is one of the coolest models I've had from EBMM.

thejone likes this.
  19. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

You got some serious guitar skills, but that song is not what I'd ever listen to. Just a matter of preference though, it's obvious you put a lot of effort into that piece.

thejone likes this.
  20. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Not entirely my thing,style wise but leagues beyond my own efforts at the same time. You got skills........

thejone likes this.