Mother bear kills cub and then itself

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DrakkarTyrannis, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Hmmmm.... If you don't know the facts about a given subject, you are uneducated in regard to it. If you would rather have a living being killed for your gain, you are more barbaric than somebody who would not. Simple logic.

2. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

No matter how many times you play the victim card, I will not apologize to you for telling you you're ignoring facts and evidence when you are.

3. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

He meant that cavemen weren't as retarded as you said they were.

That's not what you were saying at all.

You said that eating meat is a Barbaric and uneducated thing.

Meaning that if you're eating a vegetarian diet you're educated, and modern.

There's no other way to interpret what you said. I'm stupid for eating meat, but you're not because you eat a vegetarian diet. Or would if you weren't traveling. Until then you're living in guilt and sadness.

4. athawulf

athawulf SS.org Regular

I'm not saying that you need meat to be smart :lol:. Though the brain uses something like 20-25% of our metabolic output so starve yourself of anything and you will be stupid haha.

Also that's a difference of an individuals lifespan vs a much larger scale.

5. Adam Of Angels

I said that the were retarded compared to modern man. The modern human is cognitively superior to pre-modern humans.... Like, that's literally how we distinguish between the two.

6. Adam Of Angels

Dude... Just no. That's clearly not at all what I was saying. You might need sleep or something, but you pulled that shit out of your ass.

You said that you didn't know that humans don't need animal products to survive. I said it was a fact that they don't. You prompted me to provide a link to prove my point. I referred to you as being uneducated and barbaric because you needed proof that humans did not need animal products to survive. This is exactly how it happened, and any one of us village idiots can go back a few pages and see that :lol:

7. Sicarius

you can't call them retarded, as it's an unfair comparison to make.

given their environment they were incredibly intelligent, and made it work to their advantage.

8. highlordmugfug

Their environment and how they fared in it is irrelevant: We have more brain computing/processing power than they did, that's how we're distinguished from them. Compared to us and average brainpower today, they would be considered something close to retarded. That's a fact.

9. Sicarius

Except, see I have this little tidbit.
    Which is exactly what you said, just a few posts ago.

Literally, the word you used, Eating meat is a barbaric and uneducated habit.

Meaning if I didn't do it, I'd be educated, and modern.

10. athawulf

athawulf SS.org Regular

My brain is wired to defend my behavior? So the guy trying to talk about science here is giving the most simplistic and unimaginative explanation almost to a degree of insulting the human brain to analyze my saying to what length I can respect peoples dietary opinions?

And what do you mean by "modern humans". You said "cavemen", and if you knew anything about what you're talking about they are considered pretty "modern". Do you mean humans since civilization? Please look up anatomically modern humans vs modern humans to understand.

And yes, cave-men were just as cognitively developed as modern humans. (because they are... humans) Just as a short example even neanderthal graves have been found with a red "paint" substance. So first of all they're burying their dead, and ritualizing it, whether the red substance is to signify blood, the womb, or just a pretty color they liked we'll never know. But they sure had a cognitive grasp of life and the understanding of the possible unknown. And as I said in my last post, earlier humans actually had larger brains than we do now.

Also, cognitive thinking is different from book smart.

11. highlordmugfug

You're creating a false dichotomy.

12. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

NItpicking here, but he said that thinking eating it is a necessity is barbaric, not the act of eating it.

13. Sicarius

How is that irrelevant? If they didn't have the intelligence enough to survive in it, we wouldn't be here.

The fact of the matter is that as times progressed, and as man evolved, they became more intelligent. It's unfair to take a cave-man and compare them to a modern person.

Our environments are different. We, for all of our technological advances, couldn't survive in that environment.

Of course we're smarter than they are. We're not even the same species anymore.

14. Sicarius

Isn't thinking it's a necessity directly connected to the act of eating it?

If you think you need it, it's because you eat it.

15. Adam Of Angels

No, i said that if you think eating meat is a necessity, you're barbaric. Meaning, if you think that eating neat is a necessity, you're barbaric. Completely different point.

16. highlordmugfug

Because being smart enough to stay alive =/= total processing power are relevant. Computer in 1992 were good enough for their purposes then, but they aren't really worth a damn for our purposes now.

Then why is it fair to bring up them eating meat?

I don't think that's true, survivor shows are enough proof of that :lol:.

Which is why "eating meat made them smart" is irrelevant. I'm glad we agree. :yesway:

17. Sicarius

As I said, the thinking there's a need comes from eating it.

it's the same point.

18. highlordmugfug

No. Thinking you have to eat it, and simply eating it because you want to are not the same at all.

19. Sicarius

and primitive man updated their tools as need and intelligence and environment changed.

Environment, being able to provide a diet suitable for the survival of a species helps with providing a basic understanding. Increases intelligence as tribes discover the ability to hunt and farm.

adaption and evolution increase intelligence, and ability to learn.

with out these, including diet, we'd be no where.

20. highlordmugfug

Our intelligence, technological advancements and environment have enabled use to easily live without any meat. :shrug: Every time you get something right, it just serves to disprove your original hypothesis. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.