Mooer GE200....'Micro Helix'?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by steinmetzify, Sep 17, 2017.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Could you possible do an indepth review again once the Powerstage turns up?.
    Im still Gas'ing one of those myself. Be great to see how well it powers these sort of units into a Cab.
    I have a POD X3 Live which would benefit from a Powerstage immensely given the stock cabs are trash.

2. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Yup I'll do a more in depth look once the poweramp turns up.

And another video focusing more on the poweramp controls on the unit. I didn't dive into that too much, but I had literally just turned the unit on for the first time and that stream was more just about engaging with the group I was streaming to + running through the stock patches.

lewis likes this.
  3. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

If you don't mind me asking, which Ownhammer IR did you use specifically with the test you did ?

4. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

I'll confirm later tonight. In all honestly I had a bunch of zip files that I hadn't oepened before for OH IR, and got a bit flustered in stream trying to decide which one to use haha.

No idea which one I ended up with, but I'll dive into it more also. First time using IR. I was using Match EQ block in Axe FX 2 to get our album tone from our guitar tracks, so never bothered with loading cabinet IRs.

5. hvdh

hvdh SS.org Regular

THNX xCaptain!

6. BlueTrident

BlueTrident SS.org Regular

This video may have fueled my GAS....

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Honestly dude that sounded better than some Fractal patches or Kemper profiles I've heard. :lol:

8. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Ok I spent some time with my new Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170w Poweramp pedal, into a peavey classic 2x12.

The stock patches were all a little bright, thankfully the powertage has EQ. After I dialed back the highs and boosted the lows, I found a really nice warmth.

The poweramp control is within the cabinet block and still can be used with Custom IRs. It's pretty simplistic, you can select the tube type and that's it. From what I can hear, it seems to feel like the Sag control on the HD500 i.e. cold vs warm. It's subtle.

I really like this thing. I've had the HD500, Axe FX II, own EZ Mix, Bias and a crazy amount of tube amps/digital rigs over the last few years and I really like the simplicity this brings. The User Interface is probably the best I've seen on a modeller to date and whilst this is 'simplistic' compared to the bigger options, it's *exactly* the level of detail I am happy with. There's enough options to tweak how I would want, without getting lost in a sea of sub menus and over the top options.

This is a great little tool. For my use (on stage sound for Left Output, Direct out with cab sim ON via Right Output, plus home use) I'm very happy.

If someone was currently saving for one of the bigger options, I'd totally tell them to try and get their hands on this. I think they would be pleasantly surprised + save a lot of money in the process. That is, of course, if you didn't need all the crazy input/output/midi options that the bigger guys provide.

I'm an ex Axe FX 2 user and I'm very happy.

Curt, Razerjack and Rev2010 like this.
  9. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

...Goddammit, now I'm seriously considering this thing again.. I'M A POOR STUDENT FER CHRISSAKES, DON'T DO THIS TO ME!

10. BlueTrident

I really hope that, similar to the Axe-Fx and Amplifire, the software updates improve the quality of the tones and add more amp models

11. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Oh one interesting thing about that, within the drop down menu options for cabs, the blank spaces have a + button, allkwing you to find your downloaded IR to load.

There's exactly the same function within the amp drop down list. It looks for "amp" file types.

It looks like they will release individual amp files for download as time goes by.

Also, its TINY.

[​IMG]

Razerjack, rahnvu and lewis like this.
  12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

/\ jesus christ!!. That would be an incredibly simplistic live pedal board.
    just 1 row

also those vaders are insane.

13. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

Woah, at first glance I didn't realize that the Powerstage wasn't part of the pedal and it STILL seemed tiny

14. rahnvu

rahnvu SS.org Regular

Gas is slowly returning. Someone make a clip with their best mettl-toan!

15. BlueTrident

I found this video online. Some of the amps on the Mooer (5153, Diezel, Engl) sound as good as the AXE-FX but the Mesa models sound terrible on it (although I think it might have to do with the IR). The Ampli-firebox sounds terrific though

rahnvu likes this.
  16. BlueTrident

This video is also a pretty good demo of it's clean tone and effects

17. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere already, but will this unit connect via 4 cable method?

18. exo

exo SS.org Regular

No 4CM. One in, L and R stereo outs, no loop.

rexbinary likes this.
  19. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

Ah yeah I should have been able to figure that out by looking at the available ports on it. Thanks man.

20. goose_78

goose_78 SS.org Regular

There’s a reverb seller that has brand new ones for $269, so I snagged one. Seems like it’s the right choice for me, as I’m mainly a practice after hours with headphones type. It’ll be interesting to see how it compares to Bias FX, which I’ve been using for this purpose.