Mods should start following their own rules

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by JohnnyClaiborne, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyClaiborne

JohnnyClaiborne Audio Engineer Contributor

In the classifieds rules thread it clearly states no 'garbage posts.' It also states that one shall receive a warning if that sort of post is made, and repeat offenders shall be banned for a bit.

I will admit I did not read those rules until after I was banned myself this week. I have never posted an ad to the classifieds, for I haven't needed to sell anything yet, so its just something I didn't get around to doing because I didn't realize the mods would have a rule about 'garbage posts' (which of course is up to THEIR discretion obviously. I certainly don't believe my posts were garbage. I was trying to be nice, playful, show some love,whatever.)

During this ban I was unable to read my PMs and I couldn't access the tracking number for my Axe Fx I bought off another member. It's not really a big deal I guess, but it just sucks that people post garbage to the classifieds ALL THE TIME, things like "oh man thats my dream guitar" or "wow i wish i could afford that" I just looked through and found like 10 of those and none of them have a 'banned' tag under their username. Not cool, especially when your actions affect me and my recent purchase personally.

So why did you ban me? And then why didn't you respond to my emails when I asked about it? That's just lame and unprofessional. I sent 3 of them. No response. Kinda makes me want to get off this forum completely, but I can't because the gear for sale and the information on here is too good. So now I'm just afraid to post something and get banned again because a mod is having a bad day and wants to be an ass. :wallbash:

I guess all im saying is it would have been nice for a mod to have PMd me and let me know instead of just pulling the trigger. It was really bad timing, if it was a day earlier it could have lost me that Axe Fx I bought.

User Name likes this.
  2. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

It's best not to question the mods decisions. :nono:

And it's wise to not say things like this "Kinda makes me want to get off this forum completely"

Thats just asking for another
    :ban:

3. JohnnyClaiborne

JohnnyClaiborne Audio Engineer Contributor

Why isn't that wise? We have no rights here? I received no warning about my 'garbage posts' I just got banned and I potentially could have lost my deal if i hadn't been able to log in just one day earlier. So yeah, I'm gonna question the mods and let them know how I feel. That's what the feedback part of this forum is for. And I really hope they actually read this because its seriously unprofessional. If they want to ban me again for speaking my mind then whatever, it will just prove my point.

4. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

I'd say that the rules with the "MUST READ" in the thread title was sufficient warning.

5. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I swear, I'm going to post this in a sticky...

We have six mods that work actively for this huge site (I count DDDorian, Mesh and I as less active than Max, Randy and Techno). SIX. All of the other forums I mod on have many more mods with fewer users. We do not have a lot of handholding time, especially when it comes to classifieds and garbage posts - i.e., anything not directly relating to the sale.

You can feel it's unprofessional all you like, to be honest. If you use common sense and a little netiquette, you'll probably be fine. If you post a bunch of crap, or like being an ass to other users, you'll probably be gone. This place doesn't really tolerate slow learners. ;)

6. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

Reading is paramount...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.