Miyakojima 100KM Ultra Marathon !

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by MemphisHawk, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

For me it has a lot to do with where I am and who I am with, sometimes its the exact opposite of what worked before. The other day I ran alone and it was just great to watch the sun come up then the next day watching the sun come up I was thinking about a running club.

Be careful on the distance, it does not take to much to get hurt.
    Still aim for one long run a week and speed work for less time.

This will also give you less time away from home.

Many long slow runs can be worse for you, intervals or tempo runs make you faster. Try not to do the same speed each run, challenge yourself to beat a previous time for the same run.
    Even in ultra runs speed work really can help, after a few weeks of speed work your slow run will be much faster than before even at that easy pace..

2. flo

flo SS.org Regular

Any updates?

3. MemphisHawk

MemphisHawk Japan's One And Only

Yes. I am so pissed. I was not allowed to take leave from work to attend. It was 2 weeks ago. I have tried not to think about it because it makes me mad every time. At the same time we ARE undermanned at work and got hit with a heavy schedule.

In all honesty it had to happen that way, but it sucks being prepped for something and having the wind knocked out of your sails. As a pick up to all that though, I am in the Okinawa Full Marathon on February... 15th? So I guess I will look for another 100KM this year somewhere but it's about to start getting hot in a few months over here.

4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Where do you work?

5. MemphisHawk

Flying my ass off in airplanes. Some days are good, other days we do 3000 foot dives to avoid other airplanes. It pays the bills though.

6. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

That sucks, if you can do it head out fo a long run anyway, it may still hit the spot.

Keep running, it's just a setback so don't lose your training gains..

7. flo

flo SS.org Regular

So sorry to hear this.

I really hope that you'll get another chance to run your ultra. I still have huge respect for you, honestly, for even thinking about signing up for an event like this.

8. MemphisHawk

I'll find one. The Okinawa Marathon is in 2 weeks from today, so I'm just focusing on that. I guess I'll make a new thread when I get signed up for another ultra!