Mixed strat/ les paul influences

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by nook, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nook

nook SS.org Regular

Hello,

I'd like to share with you the latest build from my father, hope you like it, i like it a lot.
    I took the info from his site.

Greetings Nook

"
    Just finished the build of a new guitar and call it 'Fleet' because of the versatility; it's a fleet of guitars in one..
    The intention was to combine the best features of two popular classics - stratocaster and les paul- but it turned out te be even more then that!
    Things I like in the stratocaster are:
    - Sound of the single coil neck-pickup and combination neck and middle pup.
    - Tight lower strings due to the 25.5" scale (downside is that the high strings are a bit tight, that's why some guitarplayers tune it down).
    - Comfortable shape and appearance of the body (only that neck-to-body connection is uncomfortable and not very pretty).
    Good things in the les paul:
    - Smooth playable due to the 24.75" scale. (downside is the low strings can be a bit slack with a muddy sound).
    - Sound of the bridge pickup (paf humbucker).
    Now about the Fleet:
    - Multiscale 25.5" - 24.75" (low E - high E) to keep the low strings tight and the high strings smooth.
    - Body: Marupa-wood, shape is comfortable, modern ánd oldscool; a bit influenced by the strat and the deep neck inplant comes from the les paul.
    - Neck: 7-piece laminated Marupa, Chontaduro and Bloodwood with two-way adjustable truss rod.
    - Fretboard: Chontaduro, 15" radius, stainless steel frets.
    - Bridge: Gotoh Floyd Rose with locking nut.
    - Pickups: Neck and Middle are single coils build to get the best strat-sounds, Bridge is a double coil with two very different coils which gives a very dynamic result and effective coil-split in combination with middle and/or neck pup(s).
    The pickups can very easy be adjusted in height at the backside of the guitar.
    - Electronics: 6-way/4-pole rotary switch, 1 volume push/pull, 1 tone push/pull (no load) which result in 20 different switch options/combinations in parallel/series, single coil all combinations or with bridge double coil (split to single or not); f.e. neck s.c./ bridge south or north single coil, or even neck/middle switched to humbucker or in series with bridge (tribucker or megabucker).
    All sounds between strat and les paul can be done, and beyond!
    This guitar can go from blues/jazz, country picking to classic (hard) rock and metal..
    Offcourse I can build them in several types of wood with top or in colour, adjust the pickups to however you may want it.
    Good body-shape for a bass as well.
    But the one on the pictures is mine!
    "
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CircuitalPlacidity

CircuitalPlacidity Carnivorous Jesus

Other than the headstock this thing is awesome. I'd rock the .... out of it.

3. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

I was really expecting to see something that looks like a Strat or an LP.

Still cool tho!

4. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

Where'd that bridge come from?

5. Prophetable

Prophetable Prophet For Profit

Unless I'm missing something it's just a Gotoh Floyd Rose.

6. Vosse Guitars

Vosse Guitars SS.org Regular

Hi Y'all, just became a member of sevenstring.org so I can answer your questions about this guitar and because its a great forum!

Thanks!
    About the headstock, I kept it modest and not to tight in shape to fit with the guitar, been messing around with it a while and needed some time to get used to it, but I think it does fit the body-style.
    I ám rocking the .... out of it allready b.t.w., testing it to the limits..

Thanks!
    Making it look like a mix between strat or LP was exactly what I didn't want to do; the guitar needed to have it's own style.

The Bridge is a Gotoh Floyd; adjusted the saddles a bit to fit the scale.

Greets, Fred.

7. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.