Mitchell Guitars

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ohmanthisiscool, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ohmanthisiscool

ohmanthisiscool SS.org Irregular

laguna-le924-electric-guitar-xl7.jpg HD400MLG-angle-16007.png I wasn't sure where to put this because I'm talking about 6's&7's. But basically I tried a Mitchell HD400 the other day and I loved it and was wondering if there are any 7 string guitars that are similar to that. Like and HSH or H S with a Floyd and maple fretboard. I also remember a laguna guitar that I liked and wanted to see a 7 string version of either of these guitars. My question is are there any guitars like this before going custom. I love the way they play and sound but I miss the low B.

The pics are crappy paint mockups, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance

2. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Mitchell is Guitar Center/Musician's Friend house brand, and Laguna was it's precursor. I don't recall there ever being a 7 string in either lineup, which is too bad, because there's some serious "bang for the buck" in both lineups and that green mockup is HOT!

You MIGHT find some similar stuff in the Jackson lineup, but probably not H/S or H/S/H, and not at the same price points. I'm gonna bet that to find the specs you're asking for, a custom or semi-custom shop is the route you'll need.

3. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

eeeer Jackson + Schecter ? Jackter ?

4. ohmanthisiscool

ohmanthisiscool SS.org Irregular

Yeah I loved the ocean basses which was the line before laguna, and yes I would say absolutely best bang for your buck guitars. In all of the lines there has never been a 7 string and that's all I want hahaha

I played a seafoam green sun valley super shredder schecter that was similar the other day, but I didn't like the way it felt and it was an H H with a 3 way and I want a 5 way. Id prefer and actual middle or neck single coil, but a 5 way with HH or a 3 way with coil splitting. I mostly use in between settings but need that humbucker crunch for punk and metal stuff.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017