Mesa JP-2C John Petrucci Signature Amp (MKIIC+ Reissue)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

7-stringers who've picked this up - how do you like it? I'm very seriously considering getting it for shows and studio use. I definitely want to make use of the MIDI with a foot controller and Axe-FX. I'll probably pair it with a 2x12. I'll eventually try one out down at Mesa Hollywood but I wanted to see what your experiences are before I go. It's probably between this and a Mark V 90w combo.

2. Drakester

Drakester SS.org Regular

I'd think this amp is more focused in what it does and does it better than the Mark V, the V is a 'do-it-all' or 'jack of all trades, master of none'
    The JP-2C is a beastly 3 channel amp with a very good cleans and amazing rhythm and lead channels.

Both are really good though, I'd still go for a JP-2C unless I really needed the versatility of the V. Also the V doesn't has MIDI if it's a dealbreaker to you.

3. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

Yeah, the V would be pretty cool, but it sounds like the JP-2C is better for what I want to accomplish, especially if I want to keep a simple setup and control all with a single footswitch. Thank you for the insight!