Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by The Rx Elite, Nov 16, 2005.

1. The Rx Elite

The Rx Elite B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

Popped into the local boogie dealer today and saw a Stiletto Triendent.

At first glance, its pretty. 2 Channels, couple options per channel (clean, overdrive, crunch)

Plugged in with a ESP M-II jammed a little bit. The clean is just an average clean channel. Nothing special. The distortion on the amp is very comprable to a Marshall. Real middy sound, not a WHOLE lot of gain to it. The notes rang clear and sound good for what it was. It's basically Mesa's version of a JCM 900. By far not a metal amp. It'd be great to have in a studio for some lighter distortion sounds.

2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

You know, I completely forgot they made this.

I'd be curious to give one a run, I'm a pretty low gain player and the blaze's in my UV are pretty damned hot anyway, maybe I'd like the thing.

3. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I thought it was the most toneless, useless pile of crap to ever wear the Mesa name. Seriously - it wasn't a good Marshall, it wasn't a good Mesa, it had a pretty decent clean and a completely useless OD channel. I spent about four hours with one, after reading the manual and using my own guitar, and I couldn't get a damn thing that was useful out of it.