Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by steinmetzify, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Metafis

Metafis Pretty darn adequate

Wadup guys! Slava from Mercuriall here.

Just wanted to chime in.
    1. There was a question what exactly does Reaxis model - it models Mesa's Triaxis preamp (among other things). Triaxis includes circuits from Marks, so that's why they are mentioned.
    2. Re. the default presets. You can get the bank here https://yadi.sk/d/U0L4Babg3QoqjC
    We will add it to the web soon, so it can be easily downloaded.
    3. In case you need more product activations in future, just let us know through www.mercuriall.com support page.

Elric and steinmetzify like this.
  2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Thanks man, great job on this one!

3. billinder33

billinder33 SS.org Regular

Assuming you're not disclosing anything proprietary, can you be a little more specific about what these 'other things' are please?

4. Metafis

Thank you! It's all our engineers =)

Oh, I meant among other things that Reaxis includes =) Not something entirely different. Our first priority right now is to see if people find some bugs in Reaxis that we were not able to find, fix them and afterwards work on an update for the U530.

5. axxessdenied

axxessdenied FUZZ & CHAINSAW

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

What power amps are being modeled? I quite like the Single 6L6 power amp.

7. Metafis

8. Metafis

Afaik these are based on classic schematics. Not sure what is the exact model, possibly something from Marshall.

Hope someone can send us Mesa's 90/90 to model it :eddie:

9. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Aaah I see. Would be nice to know what gets close to it in power amp form. I love the tight, aggressive, mid-forward nature it has to it.

10. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

I've tried most amp sims out there and Mercuriall stuff is the only thing I use this days. I had high hopes for Helix Native, but it fell waaaay short (I only liked the Archon model). I still used S-Gear for cleans and crunch sounds but that is about to change as well with the "breakup" tones I can get out of the Rythm modes of ReAxis.

These are great news. U530 is falling quite short compared to Spark and ReAxis in terms of content. I'm missing the 2-mic blending and noise gate features the most!

Oh, and remember to change the old "Mercuriall" logo on U530 if you don't want Marshall lawyers knocking at your door :rofl:

11. pipelineaudio

pipelineaudio SS.org Regular

Flotsam and Jetsam here I come!

12. Metafis

Yessir! :D

13. FireInside

FireInside THE. DEAD. SEASON.

I finally got around to trying the demo....holy shit, wow. Just wow. Completely surpassed my expectations. I pulled the trigger on the full version tonight. Between this and the U530 Mercuriall is absolutely on their A game!

BTW, everything is on sale right now:yesway:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  14. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

This is honestly the best modeling I've heard. If I were strictly a hi-gain/lead player I'd probably sell my Kemper and go with this. Unfortunately neither Reaxis nor Spark seem to handle low-gain tones quite as well, they feel a bit stiff and unresponsive. Will keep tinkering though, I'd love to run entirely in the box.

15. billinder33

billinder33 SS.org Regular

Interesting observation... I feel that way about amp sim VSTs in general compared to my Kemper. Not to get all abstract, but to my ear VSTs sound like the 0's and 1's are printed directly onto my audio tracks (colder, less 'live'), whereas tracks from my Kemper sound like a really high-quality audio samples taken from classic recordings.

Originally I thought it was because I run the Kemper though some Aurora pre's en route to the interface, but then I bypassed the Aurora's one time and I still had that same impression. It's a really hard thing to describe, but I've always assumed it's because the Kemper is digital device, converting to audio en route to the interface, then converting back to digital again. But possibly also because the Kemper is capturing amp and cab at the same time in the modeling process, rather than VST's that routes an amp model to an IR model. Or both, not sure... but the Kemper certainly has a different 'vibe' to it, no doubt.

16. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

Yeah the Kemper feels a bit more "unpredictable" in a good way, like it really listens and responds to the way you play. I definitely think it has a lot to do with the cab section, because when I've run the KPA as a preamp into IR's, I definitely feel like it's less reactive and more VST-like.

That said, the Reaxis makes me think we're not far from a VST that can do it right. I'd love having the full power of my DAW as part of my guitar rig, especially in terms of EQ and compression and all the whack stuff you can do with Reaktor and things like that. It definitely is the future, it's just a matter of how long it'll take some brilliant engineer to get there.

17. Genome

Genome Wrex. Shepard.

So, I downloaded the trial at the weekend, and promptly bought the plugin after trying it for about 2 minutes, no exaggeration.

I'm a huge Mesa guy, and I think the plugin is stunning, extremely accurate in tone and feel, and just a blast to play. I love it! I'm not sure if this is just the honeymoon period talking, but I honestly think it's better than the Axe-FX's version of the Triaxis.

18. Metafis

Thank you for your support, guys!

It will be interesting to hear your feedback (good/bad, everything in between) after you spend some weeks with the plugin. We'd love to hear what needs to be improved or any other general comments.

19. Genome

Genome Wrex. Shepard.

The only two things I would request, and I don't know how easy they are to implement to the existing version - is a Tuner, and the ability to load 3rd party IRs (although the built in Cabs are great, there are no Mesa cabs included). I'd happily pay for this in an upgraded version if need be.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  20. Genome

Genome Wrex. Shepard.

^ On the above, apologies, looks like a Mesa cab was added, I thought the V30 was a Bogner - my bad!