Me, horizontal tapping guitar.

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Andrew May, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Andrew May

Andrew May SS.org Regular

Hey all, just thought I'd drop in at last to share a couple of vids of my playing technique for anyone curious from what I've posted in the past. I thought it'd be easiest to stick them straight on instagram as I started using it recently, unfortunately I can't embed from there so just follow the the link and it's my most recent two posts: https://www.instagram.com/the_andrew_may/?hl=en

I've been playing "touchstlye/tapping" with the guitar horizontal for just over a year. I try to get 15-30 mins in 5 days a week, it doesn't sound like much but my playing has improved a great deal with regular practice. Playing conventionally I am barely a competent player, I think my guitar might be gathering dust again by now if I'd not followed this path.

Excuse the free improv style, my main focus is more modern composition/minimalism but I've no real prepared material ready to share.

2. Andrew May

3. ncfiala

ncfiala Silence you bastard

Cool. I've been playing a lot with two handed tapping for a couple years now and I can do a lot of stuff that would be hard or impossible for me to ever pick, at least with any speed. I hold the guitar the usual way though since I do still pick quite a bit. Keep at it.

4. Andrew May