Mayones - Order Timelines

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Miscreant, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Miscreant

Miscreant SS.org Regular

Hey guys--I ordered a Mayo Regius Core 7 back in June and, just before ordering, was told the arrival would be end of April 2018. Fair enough. A few days later though that was pushed back a month--to the end of May 2018. Sucks, but fair enough.

Here's my question: does anyone have any insight on how reliable these arrival estimates are? I mean, are they giving me the worst case scenario and the guitar could (plausibly) arrive, say, in March?

Or are they known for getting delayed again, such that May 2018 could easily mean June or July?

Clearly anything could happen with my particular guitar. But I'm just looking for some anecdotes/personal experience so I can get a better idea of I might be able to expect on my end.

2. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

When I ordered my regius about 4 years back, i was quoted 6-8 months by the USA dealer. The guitar was delivered a week into the 8th month. I was never in direct contact with Mayones, only the dealer. About 6 months in I asked for an update on the status over the weekend they said "it's likely going to arrive in 2 months" which was accurate. I don't recall any horror stories involving Mayones like i've heard about single luthiers or smaller custom shops.

3. Miscreant

Miscreant SS.org Regular

Yeah, thanks for chiming in. Sound about right.

Anyone else?

4. rowsi

rowsi SS.org Regular

I've ordered my Setius Gothic in early April 2015 through a germen dealer. He told me that waiting times are around 7 to 8 months. As Schaller wasn't able to deliver my desired locking tuners to Mayones on time the guitar had a short delay and arrived before Christmas.