Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced - Who is Excite?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by BlackMastodon, Jun 16, 2015.

1. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

I still remember when we farmed White Base, Geth, Platinum to get those bloody money and hoped for N7 weapons drops :lol:
    And all the biotic explosions me and my friend OscuraShiva detonated over and over

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I wanna say I easily put in a couple hundred hours into ME3, including single player and multi. Hoping they keep the multilayer node and maybe add a PvP gametype too if they could swing it.

And we don't need to go down the path of talking about the ending of ME3, it has it's own thread for that. :fawk:

Wondering if there will be any new alien races introduced and if they'll keep all the classics. I remember reading that there will be a Krogan crew member.

I need to finish my renegade playthrough of ME3 now...

3. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

Really wish they would have maintained the Multiplayer past a year out. It still "works", but without the community goals every week it got a little stale. Agree it was really, really fun.

4. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

I'm really excited for that. Being that it's an entirely new galaxy, they pretty much have to indroduce a bunch of new species.

5. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

I love Mass Effect, definitely can't wait for a new one. Since it's taking place in a new galaxy, I wonder if you'll be able to play as a non-human? Even if humans travel faster than light and Andromeda is the closest galaxy to the Milky Way, it would still take tens of thousands of years to even reach it. So playing as a different species would be cool :)

6. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

According to development interviews and stuff they'll be adding two new alien races, if you go check out the concept art for 4 that they've put up there's actually a pic based on one of the races homes with these very angular pyramid like structures.

7. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

There will be Raloi for fanservice

8. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

I'm really excited about it.

From what I've read, you're playing a human again. That said, I'm still excited about it. ME is up there as an all time favorite. Even if they botched a few things.

9. Malkav

Yeah, even if you didn't like the ending that's only like 30 minutes of the game, the actual journey to get there was incredible, it was one of the first times in my life a game made me sit around actually weighing up the gravity of every decision I was about to make, and made me actually care about the characters there in, I mean I've played through the trilogy 4 or 5 times in total and I still get bummed out on Tuchanka over Mordin.

Though personally I didn't think the ME3 endings were in fact that bad, I've seen many complaints about them but never any real suggestions of what they could have possibly done that would make it better that doesn't come across as the typical hollywood hero rides off into the sunset kind of thing.

I was a late starter to the series though, by the time a friend recommended it to me all of the trilogy and DLCs were out so I got to play it through with literally every piece of content available.

If there's one thing I'd get rid of or at least make skippable it's those retarded dream sequences in the forest with the kid :squint:

10. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I don't want to start an ending debate, but......... they could have I dunno, made literally *ANY* of the choices you made during the course of the game matter. ;) (Actually if they had have just ended it with Shep and Anderson dying and then have a movie play out taking into account what you had done throughout the series it would have been *....ING BRILLIANT*)

But yeah, the Mass Effect series is hands down the best video game I have ever played. Mass Effect 3 in specific, right up to that ending, was the most engaging, emotional video game I have ever played. More than that, it is one of the best pieces of media I have ever consumed. Movies, Music, Books. It is just staggeringly well done.

11. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Spoilers ahoy for anyone who hasn't played yet and intends to.

I always hear that. "Your decisions didn't matter." So, was Mordin alive? What became of the Krogan? Did Kaiden make it to the end, or did Ashley? What about the Rachni? Along with about a million other questions that could be different from one player to the next. The ending cutscene wasn't much different regardless of how you played, but the world was your world. Race relations, alive vs. dead characters, how shepard will be remembered. (Paragon vs. Renegade.) At the same time, regardless of your decisions, all 3 of the games ended as intended not just the series as a whole. Regardless of how you played the game, the endings of each of the 3 games were not too far off from each other. Bioware had a story they wanted to share, you just helped shape how it was told. The beginning and the end went as it was supposed to, but the emotional bonds and relationships formed along the way were very much unique. The ending that was there was a little stupid, but I was content with it.

I do look forward to the next game for the simple fact that the ME universe has been a blast to go through. I hold some of the characters from the trilogy dear to me, and I look forward to forming bonds with new people. Very rarely do I actually feel so much for a character that I'll put the game down for a month after they unavoidably, due to my characters moral compass, die.

12. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Yeah...but we're talking about the ending. Nobody is bagging on the game world, or your actions from 1/2 not having enough effect on it. We're talking about the ending and how your actions from 1/2 and most especially 3 have very little to no effect on it.

Especially since they very specifically said that your choices will matter and it won't just be a cookie cutter 1/2/3 choice thing.

On the Rachni it made literally no difference what choice you made in ME1 or 2. Either the Queen you released was corrupted by the Reapers or the Reapers magically managed to find some random Rachni DNA and achieve the exact same effects.

Still better than the Deus Ex: Human Revolution endings...

13. ZeroS1gnol

ZeroS1gnol SS.org Regular

I have very little trust in the new ME, after the mess that was ME3. That was so convoluted, yet without any clear sense of direction in the plot, which only consisted of fetching allies while the Crucible is being built. And those cringeworthy visions with the child...yuk! Not even speaking about the endings...lol

14. Malkav

Personally I never went into it expecting it to have any more effect than a change in narrative, a friend of mine had warned me that your choices matter but don't really matter. Still I enjoyed the story line and characters, and absolutely adore the universe in which it all happened.

15. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Mass Effect was great. I got the first game on launch in 2007 and did the same with the other two. It was a 5+ year journey that really meant alot to me. The lackluster ending was offset somewhat by the sheer epicness of the journey.

I am really looking forward to this game. They can only get better.

16. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

I kind of feel the same way. The ending was soul-crushing, in that I spent so much time on that game, loved it so much, and then was really let down by the ending, but it's still not bad enough to render the rest of the series meaningless. I can still go back and enjoy the hell out of the rest of the game.

17. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Awww. It's a top song. Cash classic. :)

Even The Shadows' version is ace (I grew up with that!).

Interested to see where they go with the new story.

18. Kryss

Kryss Your new god!

can't wait to play this but ya that trailer imo was trash. I think i'm ok though with them keeping it hush hush til it releases though. 3 was still ok after they patched everything. gamplay overall was solid. mp was actually fun which I didn't expect. EA servers are always horrible though. i'm looking forward to 4 but it's hard to say how good it will be. EA has a habit of f'ing up and releasing stuff before it's ready. I am glad they are going to do something far outside of the previous series and handle a new threat in a whole new galaxy.

19. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

With the extended scenes, I'm at least a little more satisfied than I was the first time I finished ME3(few days after release). That was rage inducing. I lent it out to a friend immediately after that and didn't want to look at it for months.

Fighting the temptation to get into an ending discussion. Hard.

In the end I'm super excited about another ME story. I'm fine with handwaving it to where they never mention Shepard or the Reapers. Fresh start, different story in the same universe.

It works for Marvel/DC...

20. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

This x 10000. They've built an awesome universe and I'd love to experience it in a whole new way.