Marketplace rules

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Relerikon, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relerikon

Relerikon Titleless

Hi,

in my opinion marketplace rules (100 posts, minimum 6 months from first) are completly ridiculous.

The person who is able to sell the guitar benefits from the cash, the person who was able to buy one is happy because of the purchase he made, the website gets more traffic from it's users. Only positive things.

What is the benefit of restricting the marketplace to active posters only? I want to sell my guitar and when I was active I used to post something when I was interested in the topic or discussion, but I didn't get 100 posts and I don't feel like whoring for them to unlock the marketplace.

Please explain to me what is the purpose and what are the benefits of those rules?

2. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

It's a community marketplace, with the community part being the onus.

You've been registered since 2009 and are complaining that you couldn't get to 100 posts? There are guys that can hit that mark in a day.

The restrictions are so that people can get at least a small feel for your character before sending you thousands of dollars in gear or cash.

If you just want to buy/sell, try here or here.

If you want to be part of the community and reap the perks of that involvement, then find a topic that interests you, get involved and prosper.

3. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

This site also doesn't charge fees either, the way eBay, Amazon, or Reverb would. SSO's currency is active users, not drive by sellers.

4. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

It also stops spambots/con artists/Nigerian princes from ripping you off.

Granted, some basic logic should make you uneasy about someone whose first post is selling something super high end for dirt cheap with no pictures and asks for your email to avoid messages on here, but still lol better safe than sorry. I'd rather not have to sift through the spam to find a legitimate good deal :2c:

5. Noxon

Noxon Is a Lurker

Dude, I wouldn't push this any further. The mods don't fvck around, and don't like being called out publicly. They will ban you for your post calling out the policy... Just a friendly warning.

EDIT: Looks like they already did. :lol:

Last edited: May 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.