Well, I decided to hold off on posting this when I started it until I had a good flow of progress going. Read on and you'll find out why... Back in high school, I went through a phase where I was absolutely obsessed with the band Muse. I saw them live at Key Arena on April 2nd... 2010! I loved Matt Bellamy's Manson guitar with the touch pad. After that show I got the crazy idea to try building a guitar. My grandpa has basic experience with woodworking and I have an uncle who knows a good deal as well. I guess it could be summed up with: "It seemed like a good idea at the time!" Nearly two months later, May 30th, I had purchased some lumber: Trimmed it to a more suitable size: Took a picture of the MB-1 and blew it up using a ruler to get it to life-like proportions. All I really cared about was the outline: For some reason I took 0 pictures of the body being cut but took a bunch of the neck: My uncle did the sawing as he was the man with the skills, knowledge, experience, and tools. Hard for a kid in high school to argue with that. Needless to say his bandsaw is a beast and tracks amazingly. He did an excellent job cutting it out. Here it is after having the outline cut out and cleaned up on the drum sander: In the meantime I had also ordered a touch pad kit from a fellow over in Utah (not positive on that) which is designed to plug into a Korg Kaoss Pad and translate what you do on the touch screen into the pad, basically functioning as a remote control touch screen for crazy effects. Ordered some parts from LMII, StewMac, and Warmoth: Rosewood fretboard, pre-cut and pre-radiused from LMII: From this grouping of pictures, the last one I uploaded was on February 13, 2011. Over time, the project fell lower and lower on my list of priorities. I was in a band, I was graduating high school, I went to college, got a job, got an old car (takes plenty of my time as it is!), the list goes on. The parts and wood sat in my closet for nearly 4 years. On January 17th, I was visiting my grandparents and didn't really have anything lined up for the rest of the day and suddenly had the crazy idea to work on this project again after nearly 4 years. I drove to my house (only about 15 minutes away), grabbed everything I had, and went back to their house: After a few hours I ended up with this: My grandpa has a dinky Craftsman bandsaw that I used to rough cut the excess fretboard material off: Didn't track very well and I have limited bandsaw experience but I did what I could: Finished it off the good old fashioned way: a plane and some elbow grease: After planing: Next step was to start hogging out the neck, pickup, and control cavities. I used a forstner bit: Also took the opportunity to blend the fretboard into the headstock a bit: And that's how it sits today. Attempted to do some cleaning up with a chisel but that turned out to be a pain and not very safe so I ordered a couple of top-bearing router bits. Not sure when I'll be able to get back to it but I've done more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 4 years so things are looking up!