made a little album, looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by GORILLAWALLACE, Nov 3, 2017.

1. GORILLAWALLACE

GORILLAWALLACE GORILLAWALLACE

HEY SEVENSTRING GUYS

I was working on this little EP all summer. Pretty stoked on the way it turned out.

Would be awesome if I could get some feedback on the mixing and mastering. It's a lot better than stuff I've done in the past but I still have no clue what I'm doing really. and if you like it, it's free on bandcamp.

https://gorillawallace.bandcamp.com/album/introspect

thanks fam,

GORILLAWALLACE

IGC likes this.
  2. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

All your clean guitars sounded very disjointed from the rest of the songs. Nothing really gel's like it should and the distorted guitars really over power the drums. I do like the writing and think that it could be portrayed in a more dynamic fashion.

If you decide that you want someone else to mix / master this album for you, feel free to PM me and we can work something out. I'm in between clients for a couple weeks at the end of November and beginning of December.

3. justinjcm900

justinjcm900 SS.org Regular

H
    Hey man!

Just checked this out, great effort and great playing!

If you really have no clue what you're doing, then fair play on the mix and master because it' a very daunting task to tackle on your own.

In my opinion, the guitars are a little too loud and the drums and bass aren' prominent enough throughout however, the important thing is that you can hear everything so you haven't lost any impact that I expect you were wanting the songs to have.

I'd dare say you've learnt a lot by doing this on your own and if you continue to do it this way, you should be able to hear improvements by the time you do your next EP or album.

Keep doing what you're doing and if you need any help, I'm always willing to help out!

Justin