\m/ from the Netherlands.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bartrock, May 15, 2016.

1. Bartrock

Bartrock SS.org Regular

Hi there,my fellow riffmonger and other guitarslashers,a greet from Holland.Amsterdam to be more precise,AKA Sodom and/or Gomorrah.Some thirty years ago I started playing guitar,was into punkrock a lot.Went to another school and there we had a longhaired guitarvirtuoso.Still one of my best friends and from the day I met with him it was clear:metalhead for life.And learned a lot from him.I eventually ended up having two Gibson Les Pauls,a very,very nice Gibson V90 Single and a '81 Dean.Had a Marshall Valvestate 8200,and that more than awesome 6100,the 30th Anniversary.But them something called 'life' reared it's ugly head.And with no income,well,I had to part ways with all that.But some five years ago,my beloved dad -he gave me my first Gibson,while hating metal- passed away and he had some money hidden in a bankaccount my brother and I where not aware of.Of course,a new guitar was bought.A very nice Ibanez RG870QMZ.A Premium series,and by far the best instrument I ever played.Followed last year by an Ibanez Destroyer,the MIC DT520.Well,I could not believe how good that guitar is,and bought it,having strummed it unamplified.I is a fav and I hope never to part ways with it.Now I have to do something about my amp.It is one of the dreaded MG series by Marshall,a 2x12 100W.Solid state and certainly not the best amp,but really not as bad as it's rep.And being a fossil myself -yep,almost 50!- I must say that all the new digital stuff is very much to my liking.And with all the expert knowledge here at SS.org,I feel excited being back at playing again and looking forward to what the future may bring.

Grrrrrtz,
    Bart.:metal:

2. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Hey Bart! Welcome, man!

3. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

Hoi van Groningen!

Welcome on board Bart, glad you came back to guitar and I agree with your assessment of A'dam :D

4. 13la13la

13la13la Amateur Idiot Contributor

Hey welcome to the forums!

5. Bartrock

Bartrock SS.org Regular

Thanx all!

6. pott

pott SS.org Regular

Amstelveen, no ....! I lived there a while, did my high school; still got family there. Welcome!

7. thraxil

thraxil cylon

Welcome!

I lived in Utrecht for about a year and a half until my partner dragged me to London last fall. I've spent pretty much every day since then scheming on how I can move back to NL.

8. jacksonguitar1111

jacksonguitar1111 SS.org Regular

Hello and welcome to the forum! Have fun :)

9. Ebart

Ebart SS.org Regular

Tons of knowledge here and great community. Welcome!