Lundgren M7's vs. BKP Painkillers

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by TheWarAgainstTime, Jun 27, 2012.

1. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

So here's the deal:
    I've got a set of Lundgren M7 pickups in my RG7620 which I like, but I've been toying with the idea of selling them and getting a set of Bareknuckle Painkillers.
    Does anyone here have any experience with the BKP's in a basswood guitar like mine? I'm trying to gather as many pros/cons about each set of pickups to help me make my decision.
    I'm going to be playing mostly thechnical/progressive metal with this guitar, stuff like Born of Osiris, TesseracT and Periphery (of course :lol: )
    Any info would be appreciated!

2. nostealbucket

nostealbucket aint no gahdam woman

I've played 1 guitar with painkillers in it. pretty nice sound.
    Painkillers have a bit higher output than the m7. They djent. and djent. and djent. Very, very tight sound. Just be careful with the height.

3. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

Having owned Painkillers, go M7 dude. The painkillers are so damn round and smoothed out in the high end. They work better for 6 strings in more ordinary tunings, i'd say.

4. Mega-Mads

Mega-Mads Not an IMN

the painkiller is my fav bkp. I got one in a RGD320. It works very well. the sound is ├╝ber defined.

5. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably be holding off on the BKP's until I either get another 7 or have the extra cash to compare them side-by-side