Lundgren m7

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Two Panthers, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Two Panthers

Two Panthers SS.org Regular

i was surprise to find the m7 is the most incredible pickup I’ve tried

In as far as comparing it other pickups, the emg 81, lace DB, and DiMarzio tz....
    It’s almost as hot as the active, it is nearly as clear as DB, and there is as much character as the dimarzio,and other organic, passive sets

I don’t see a lot of info, or really too much about them except people saying it’d be the best 7 string for heavy metal, like for instance here

However, are there users or owners here that can chime in? I’d like to hear on the seven string forum what seven string players like about it

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

My favorite pickup. I think not a lot of people have them since they are expensive, and have previously been hard to get in the USA. You can now order them through axepalace, but previously had to deal with Conklin, or import from Europe. When I was doing research on the pickup, annoyingly most info was second or third hand, and a lot of it contradictory.

It is definitely my favorite pickup for metal though. I’m tempted to order an M8 for my 8 string and another M7 for my other 7 string, but they are expensive... maybe at some point.

Two Panthers and Aso like this.
  3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

I have no experience with the m7, but i have used the m8 and m6. One of my favorite rhythm pickups besides the elysian goliath or bkp holy diver/black dog. Quite expensive, but I've yet to find a pickup that nails the overall feel of the lundgren m series. They're excellent rhythm pickups for all forms of technical/extreme metal/80s metal (seriously), though not my first choice for more loose sounding stuff like doom. Not really that good for lead work imo (too stiff feeling).

Two Panthers likes this.
  4. noise in my mind

noise in my mind SS.org Regular

Rondo music makes a clone that sounds pretty close to my ears. Love my m7 though.

Two Panthers likes this.
  5. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

I hate contributing to hype but the M8 is one piece of gear that i truly believe lived up to its hype.

It’s just an amazing metal rhythm pickup.

I would pass on the neck pickup though. Kinda bland.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Two Panthers likes this.
  6. Paul McAleer

Paul McAleer newborn baby

I'm on that lundgren M series train. Using the the M8, I like saying that it has a metallic sound to it. That "Clank" sound

Type_R3387 likes this.
  7. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

It's been a few years, but I had an M7 pair in a 7620 and loved them. Foolishly sold them to try other pickups :(

Yeah, the neck pickup is a bit bland, but it works well to make a pair. The bridge is brutal, an absolute sledgehammer :metal:

Two Panthers likes this.
  8. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

M7 with an A5 magnet :eddie: