LTD EC-407

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by wormTGE, Feb 1, 2013.

1. wormTGE

wormTGE SS.org Regular

Ok so this is my first 7 and holy hell it is brutal!!

Features: master tone and individual volume. 3 way toggle EMG 81-7 (b) and 707 (n) love the combo thought about switching the bridge but gonna leave it for now. Tom bridge and Esp tuners. Mahogany body with maple top. 5 stars simple and effective

Sound: sound is absolutely killer. Very crisp cleans in all positions especially at middle and neck pos. the low end this thing possesses is pretty damn good, super tight and guttural when loaded with gain. 4 stars

Action/finish: this guitar needed very little set up. Intonation was almost spot on and action is low and easy considering the x jumbo frets. The finish is sexy to say the least with the Snow White satin. The binding is attractive as well. The guitar feels good, its got weight which I love. 5 stars

2. aikupu

aikupu SS.org Regular

I absolutely love white les pauls and 7 string guitars, this is both in one. I have always wanted one of these, looks fantastic and most certainly feels also. Maybe someday I'll get one too.

3. aikupu

aikupu SS.org Regular

[​IMG] isn't this gorgeous?

4. Majkel

Majkel SS.org Regular

I actually got rid of mine fairly quickly. The Les Paul heel just didn't work for me on a 7 string, as anything above the 15th fret on the lower three strings was pretty much unreachable. =/

5. Mayhew

Mayhew SS.org Regular

Aikupu I concur, that looks great with gold hardware white pickups and clear knobs. Classy yet brutal I love it. I'd love a 7 string LP.

6. Lava Joe

Lava Joe SS.org Regular

These guitars play very well for the scale and have a nice sized neck, not a lot of girth. They are comfortable to do riffs on, and so comfortable I though they were inspiring to just play downright ugly riffs on them lol. Great budget 7.

7. marshallH

marshallH Wears Guitar Too Low

Kind of tired of people complaining about neck joints. I have a les paul with a baseball bat neck and a giant heel and I learned to shred and play all the up to the 22nd fret even with my guitar incredibly low. It just takes some getting used too. Although, it is a way better idea to get a guitar with a small neck joint if you haven't learned how to deal with the heel, but don't rule out a guitar because of so,etching you can eventually overcome.

8. marshallH

marshallH Wears Guitar Too Low

And the white one with gold hardware, that is now my dream guitar :eek:

9. Crometeef

Crometeef SS.org Regular

white guitars are so underrated