Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by spawnofthesith, Jun 12, 2013.

1. DJTanZen

DJTanZen SS.org Regular

it wont matter where he is. People like him never do well in any prison.

2. abandonist

abandonist Banned

For .... sake you guys. There's nearly no chance anything terrible will happen to him in prison. How many of you have ever seen the inside of a cell, or know people that have done a few clips? That's just not how it works. Especially for a high profile case.

3. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

Jeffery Dahmer?

4. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Providing one example out of all the people who are currently in prison, let alone all who have ever been imprisoned, doesn't really defeat his argument.

5. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

I watch a good bit of crime/prison non-fiction programs, I've known people who've served time (some very significant amounts of time) and I know corrections officers. No, prison isn't people getting raped/shived 24 hours a day but it's also not a Utopian summer camp for adults either.

I doubt being a child rapist automatically puts the guy on some kind of 'hit list' but the main reason why people like that don't do well is because they're people who carried out crimes against children specifically who, by design, are chosen because they're a weak and defenseless target. Considering there's some degree of animalistic hierarchy that goes on in places like a prison (which, to some degree, already occurs in all society but that's a different topic), "survival of the fittest" etc. says packs and alpha males rule the roost. Being the type of person that preys upon the absolute weakest doesn't bode well for an environment where you're with hardened criminals and murderers. There's enough of a stigma about child molestation that, at a minimum, joining a group/gang that'll provide any level of defense is unlikely, which means relying on himself (and his rather small frame) for protection. That's not an envious situation to be in.

With regard to him being guarded 24/7 because he's a "high profile" prisoner, I doubt that's entirely likely either. Getting into protective custody programs and being kept in situations where you don't interact with other prisoners at all are VERY rare and usually only happen for brief periods of time. From the perspective of the prison itself, it's impractical to have separate quarters, rules and staff, all day every day for decades at a time just to serve a "famous" prisoner. In all scenarios I've seen/read about, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in general population.

6. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

That wasn't the point of the post, I posted that to show it can happen but, as Randy said it does happen, but prison isn't guys getting shived and shanked 24/7.

7. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

TBH the UK and US prison systems are rather different.

Whatever happens he's not going anywhere. He's staying here, which 'caters' mainly to violent sex offenders: HM Prison Wakefield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he was in general population in a normal prison he would likely run into problems fairly quickly. He may still do in Wakefield, but shit is different to the US system. This place is a very controlled environment.

8. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

EDIT: Nevermind, dammit.

9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

^ Whats the likelihood of him getting any time taken off? Feels like slim to non, especially given his comments AFTER he confessed.

10. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

"APRIL 2ND, 2014"