Looking for new pickups for my RG7321

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by BeyondAndromeda69, Feb 28, 2018.

1. BeyondAndromeda69

BeyondAndromeda69 Open your mind

Looking for reccomendations for new pickups, active or passive for my Ibanez 7321. Currently I still have the stock pickups. I'm looking to tune to drop E and need something with good low end and clarity. Going for a downtempo djent kind of thing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

D sonic is great for metal. Titan is also a solid choice though it's warmer than the d sonic.

3. BeyondAndromeda69

BeyondAndromeda69 Open your mind

The D-sonic looks promising, not so sure about the titan. Looking at DiMarzio online they have the Blaze model that has toned down mid and boosted high and low. Any experience with that one?

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

My vote is for the Titan. Great pickup for modern metal and djent, very tonally precise, great clarity.

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

I have no experience with the blaze

6. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I had a set of Ionizers in a 7421XL and really liked them for lower tunings. They're fairly bright/clear and the low end doesn't get all muddy. Not the hottest pickups in the line, but a heavy right hand technique gets them to be pretty aggressive.

7. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I hated the Titan. It had a very mid-range dominant sound, in the ash body guitar that I had it in. It sounded kinda like there was a wah pedal stuck half way. It was definitely very tight, with lots of attack, but I couldn't dial out that "quacky" sound no matter how I set the amp, pre/post EQ etc. They also don't have that much low end.

I have an RG7321, and put Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it. They're active. Very tight. Not sure how they sound tuned all the way down to E, but they have a good thunk of low end in B standard 7 string tuning.

Zoobiedood likes this.