Looking for drums/bass/vocals/keys or more guitar for groove-oriented prog in Boston

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by Drew, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Figure I might as well post up here, even though I think I know all the Boston-area guys who are currently members here anyway. :lol: Hell, maybe someone new will see it.

So, I'd love to play stuff like Tool, Floater, OSI, Dead Soul Tribe, Porcupine Tree, Gordian Knot, Floyd, whatever, or more specifically originals written with guys like these as inspirations. Anyone know anyone out in Boston who's looking for a band to do this kind of stuff? Gimme a shout. :metal:

2. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

D, who are you kidding? You know you need a blues band full of old farts, so you can sit on your old Fender Bassman (which you're going to inevitably purchase), playing your Strat, in some smoky club, drinking a stale beer. This is your destiny! (Probably, because being the artsy fartsy you are, you will end up pursuing because of the "ambience" with that lifestyle or some shit like that!) :lol:

I can see you in Guitar Player already - Boston Blues Legend Drew Peterson! And there you are with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth, and a wounded look on your face.

Dude, you know it's true! :lol: Ok, sorry, back on track. I've got a metal group in Toledo that can make room for you!

3. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

Too bad Boston would be a bear of a commute for me, otherwise I'd apply!

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:lol:

The irony is I'd be looking to start a blues band on the side after I get this off the ground, lol. The slightest hip-hop influence to the drum and bass, and then rock the stripped down, funked up Chicago/Delta Jimi approach over the top... Hell, I can't sing worth shit, but I could do an appropriate Tom Waits approved growl over the top... :lol:

Chris, if I ever move out to Oregon (and that's not as far a stretch as one might think, by all accounts I'd love it there, and my firm has offices in Tacoma), I'm taking you up on that.:metal:

5. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

I've never heard anyone say "Tom Waits growl" before. :lol:

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

You've clearly never heard "Come On Up to the House." :lol:

7. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

I don't know. I see Drew sitting on his Nomad with a custom 7 Strat playing his chill shred that he does so well.

And Drew, if you'd handle the relocation fees and provide me with a W-4, then I'll gladly jam with ya. And probably sleep on your couch and eat your food...take up valuable bathroom time in the morning, etc.

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Considering the way you've been talking about your ass all day, I think I'll pass... :lol:

9. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

Good idea! Since I started working out again, my metabolism has shot through the roof and LOOK OUT BABY!!!

10. maskofduality

maskofduality Brandeis Sophomore

hmm, i might be going to college in the Boston area next year... 2/3 of my top choices are near there and i already got into one of them. if i go there i'd love to jam with ya as a little audition :)

11. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Hell, let's jam anyway. Where are you looking?

12. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Damn, that would be fun as hell. If I lived there, I'd totally play bass for something like that.

13. maskofduality

maskofduality Brandeis Sophomore

right now, if i go the boston route, i'm considering brandeis university. i still have to see what tufts university has to say about it though... (of course i'll take the better financial aid package) *shrugs

but till then i'm gonna have to weather three months more of the temptations of senioritis.

14. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

No shit, I used to live a 15 minute walk from Brandeis, in Waltham...

Fun town, you'll love Moody Street when you're 21. :lol: Be sure to check out the Mad Raven if you do go there. :yesway:

15. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

i'm going to be considering schools in that area as well, for a fall start of 2007. i've read only good things about the area, and the Physics PhD programs don't look too shaby either. of course, i'll also be applying to places in CA, AZ, WA, and OR. i think i just want to live by an ocean :)

16. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

I'd jam with you Drew, assuming we could write love songs to the JJ/Tesla Corporation.

17. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

hahaha, no need, I think the tone speaks for itself. :flex:

I'm a wee bit hung over at the moment, and 7-less, but we should talk.

18. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

I'd like to see your Universe. The White one has always eluded me, and is the one I think by far is the coolest :)

19. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

And I'd love to A/B your triaxis against my Nomad. :yesway: IIRC you're still waiting on a 2:90, and I just got mine back from the shop (push/pull high-pass a la a JS added) and it really needs a retune/fresh set of strings (for the record I told the guy working on it not to worry about retuning it - he does awesome work), but after that, some weekend we should definitely try to play. I'll warn you though, I'm sloppy as fuckin' hell, lol.

20. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

And be sure to never be on-time when meeting Drew, because he'll call you 15 minutes after he's supposed to be there and tell you he's an hour away. :fawk: