Looking for advanced guitar teacher or online course that uses guitar pro.

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Car Bomb, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Car Bomb

Car Bomb GO BOOM

Looking for online lessons on advanced solo theory with exercises in guitar pro, I love it for the speed trainer. Right now I'm putting allot of time into tapping and I'm pretty good at it already but I want to know more patterns/ways to play major, minor, and 7th runs. my sweeping is ok but it gets sloppy at high speeds and I only know the basic 5 and 3 string major/minor runs with the tap on the high string. My Alternate picking in a solo situation needs improvement so I do allot of hammer on and pull off stuff and that works well for me. Hit me up if know where to get lessons in guitar pro.
    Cheers!

2. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

3. Car Bomb

Car Bomb GO BOOM

Hey thanks! I'll check that out, I've herd of them before from somewhere.

4. billinder33

billinder33 SS.org Regular

I bought a couple of courses from http://jamtrackcentral.com/ and they do include guitar pro files in their downloads, along with mp3 and video.

They have a lot of different 'Master Classes' on a wide range of techniques and topics, so you can probably find something that applies to you. So far I have purchased one on Improvisation (which turned out to be mostly about CAGED, which was ok/useful for me, because I primarily use modal/3-note-per-string to visuals the fretboard during improve) and one on Arpeggios, which I'm working through now.

I find some of the lessons to be kind of dry, mostly because the approaches are quite methodical. But they are helping me get more versatile at improvising, which is what I was looking for.

Also, they want to get you to pay for online streaming access for a automated monthly fee, but I'm not a big fan of these subscription models because they count on you forgetting and never cancelling, so I've just been buying per-lesson, which are all just file downloads.

5. Alternative-Perspective

Alternative-Perspective SS.org Regular

I teach on Skype a variety of techniques and topics. Send me a PM for more info.