Looking for a RG7620...

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Nik, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Hello.

I'm probably wasting my time here since the RG7620 seems to be in pretty high demand, but I guess it won't hurt to put it forward and say that I'm looking for a near-mint (no chips in the paint!) RG7620, preferably grey or black.

If you could hook me up, drop me a line at nikpetsev@hotmail.com. I'd be the happiest person on earth.

Thanks for looking.

As an aside, I would like to ask the following: could you have Ibanez customize a guitar like, say, the RG1527? I've heard that the trem on that guitar is crap and the humbuckers aren't so great, so it'd be great if I could fix up my guitar from the start rather than mess with it later.

Anyway, thanks,

--Nik

2. nyck

nyck blah!

That trem on the 1527 is one of the best Ibanez has to offer. If i'm no mistaken, it's the same one that's on the Universe. The pickups aren't the best though, but for about $180 total you could buy new Dimarzios and get them proffesionally installed.

You have to be an endorsee to get Ibanez to customize your guitars.

3. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure that the trem is the same as the Universe? I read loads of reviews online, and nearly all of them pointed out that the 'cheaply-made' trem was the guitar's only weakness (along with the pick-ups).

Also, how would you go about finding a previous-year model that costs less than the brand new 800 dollar ones... I know they were cheaper, and there should still be some mint 2003/2004 models.

I'd still rather have the RG7620 though. I love your sig dude ;)

Anyway, I've seen mint 7620s sell on ebay in the 400-500 range. I'd be willing to pay as much as 600 (but not more... I'm a broke teen on a budget lol).

4. 7StringofAblicK

7StringofAblicK Contributor

yea the 1527 and the UV both have the Edge Pro trem (dif colors but same mechanism). I've heard it is just as good as a lo pro, i've heard it is better, i've heard it is worse. regardless, it is a nice japanese trem...but like you i'd prefer a 7620 and i do :)

5. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Well, thanks for your replies, but I'm not swayed.

I definitely want to go for a 7620, and I'd be willing to pay more than what the guitar would go for on ebay, so yeah,

nikpetsev@hotmail.com.

I really hope someone could help me someday. I've developed a sort of obsession about the 7620, as well as for 8 string guitars... I can't explain it. I nearly cried when this baby sold on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG7620GN...ryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I really wanted that guitar but my parents wouldn't let me buy it. I convinced them to let me get a guitar like that after this auction ended :( So yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I've been looking at ebay daily ever since, but another 7620 like it hasn't come up. :(

So thanks and keep rocking :shred:

6. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

What's to be swayed about? The 1527 comes with the Edge-Pro trem, which, some prefer to the Lo-Pro Edge, some don't, but regardless, it's a top-of-the-line Ibanez floating trem. Anyone who dislikes the Edge-Pro trem, might dislike it against say the Lo-Pro, but trust me, it's no Lo TRS by ANY means.

7. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

I'm just saying that I still prefer the RG7620 to the RG1527, that's all.

8. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

The only difference is that the trem in the RG7620 has studs that lock in place. put those in the RG1527 and the quality is the same.

9. nyck

nyck blah!

What sucks is when someone doesn't know about the locking stud feature and goes right ahead and breaks the top half of the trem post off :lol:

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Yeah, to add one more voice to the chorus... The Edge Pro differs mostly from the Lo Pro in appearance, and in the lack of locking studs. $20 or so will get you a set of locking studs from Rich Harris over at www.Ibanezrules.com, and you're good to go.

Pickups... Yeahm the 7620 has dimarzios, but the general opinion is they're nothing worth writing home about... Most people swap them out for another set anyway.

On the other hand, the best reason to buy a 7620 is they're f'in cheap - $400 can score you one in decent shape, cased.

Really, though, both guitars are excellent - the 7620 takes the edge for price and locking trem studs, the 1527 in the neck (a good prestige neck is a thing of beauty) and in convenience. My advice? Buy whichever one comes in the color you like better. :)

11. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Thanks, that cleared up a lot.

I like the silver 7620 with the powder cosmo hardware :D Now if I could just find one...

12. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

frankly, I do too. :D Best of luck, I'll let you know if I see one. Jemsite's another good source too, by the way...

13. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate this!

After doing some research, I found that personally I like the 7620 more than a Universe... I don't know why, but it fits me more... for me, it's the most perfect guitar ever and find a near-mint one would be a dream come true.

Do they sell used gear at jemsite?

14. mazafaka

mazafaka Relentless Bastard

Well, I personally love my near-mint 7620GN which I recently purchased, but everything has its price, right? How much are you looking to pay? ;)

15. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Well, I've seen mint 7620s sell on ebay in the 400-500 range. I'd be willing to top that with 100 bucks. I can pay up to 600 bucks, maybe 650 (but that includes shipping and handling.) EDIT: I saw your thread:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3146

So you'd make a 200 dollar profit ;)

That also depends on what you mean when you say 'near-mint'. If there are chips in the paint I'm not interested. Stuff like dents and normal wear I don't mind, but that lowers price a tad. Of course, there's always room for negotiations ;)

But yeah, paying any more than that would be a rip-off, especially knowing that I can get a mint 1527 for 750 bucks (that's what the local guitar center told me).

So yeah dude, write back ;) A silver 7620 like the one in the link I posted in such condition would make me 100 times happier than a 1527.

16. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

EDIT: Sorry, double post

17. giannifive

giannifive Occasional Poster Contributor

Another thing I've found about the Edge Pro is that it flutters a lot more than the Lo-Pro. This can be good or bad depending on your point of view. For me it's bad because it inherently means the sustain is less. Not terrible, but enough for me to notice.

-John

18. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Whoa whoa... mazafaka, I recognise your guitar!

You say you got it off ebay? Well, I've been following all the 7620s that crop up on ebay for the last 2-3 months, and I remember this particular guitar.

From what I remember, the previous owner advertised it as having no scratches or dents on the body, with some wear on the trem from resting his hand, right? I actually asked the guy to e-mail me more pics of the guitar, which he did... I actually planned on bidding to the death on that guitar, when the guy that was selling it suddenly took it off ebay. One day I log on and bam it says "Seller has removed item" and I was really really pissed...

So yeah, how'd you manage to get the guy to end it and buy the guitar so cheap?

19. mazafaka

mazafaka Relentless Bastard

Yeah Nik - you are thinking of the right guitar. I was talking back and forth with the guy on email, asking him for a "Buy It Now" price so I didn't have to wait for the auction to end. So he named his price, I agreed, and he just ended the auction.

Honestly, I thought there would be something wrong with it for the price, but it really is mint, with the exception of the worn saddles, and the fact that one of the bolts that holds the neck to the body has similar wear. So I am pretty happy.

Your offer is more than generous, but the only thing I could replace it with is either another 7620 or a 1527, so I'd be in the same situation as you are now. And I guess I could clear a couple hundred if I bought another 7620, but likely I would just buy a 1527 because it would be easier, and then I would actually be in the hole some cash.

I was half joking, but if someone offered me like $1000 I would probably sell it (I am obviously not saying you should do that, in fact, that would be stupid). Anyway, I will keep a lookout on Ebay with you in mind in case you miss something, and let you know if I see a mint 7620. Good luck in your hunt!

20. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

lol well thanks.

I'm just amazed at your negotiation skills dude! That takes skills. Seriously, I bet you that guitar could've easily gone for 500+ dollars if the dude hadn't done what he did. Anyway, you're the smart one and he's the one who got duped ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.