Live Backing Tracks help

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by shaunduane, Jul 7, 2012.

1. shaunduane

shaunduane SS.org Regular

So, on my bands latest release we have a lot of synth and what not in the background of our songs. We don't want to play live without it because on a few parts, it's pretty stand out.

I understand the whole iPod with clicks panned on one side, the synths on the other. What I don't understand is what exactly to buy for this. I have a few things bookmarked, but I'm not sure if they'd work.

Hosa YMM261 (6") | Sweetwater.com

I'd plug that into the iPod, and the headphones into one side for my drummer.

Hosa 3.5 mm TS to 1/4" TS Mono Interconnect (10') | Sweetwater.com

I'd get that to run into the PA. Would this work? I was looking around and numerous people have said it some cables don't split the audio up by channel and just monos everything out. I don't want to waste money if that would be the case with these cables.

I was searching the forum and didn't wanna necro bump, but someone posted this:

Hosa 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Stereo Breakout (10') | Sweetwater.com

How would I run headphones into that? I looked for a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and found this:

Monster Cable 1/4" Female Mono to 1/8" Female Mono Inline Cable Adapter | GuitarCenter

Which method would be more successful? Thanks a lot! :yesway:

2. shaunduane

shaunduane SS.org Regular

I apologize for posting this here. I somehow clicked the wrong section.. if this could be moved to Live performance section, that would be great.