Line 6 Spider IV

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Oceandrinksboat, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Oceandrinksboat

Oceandrinksboat SS.org Regular

I own a Line 6 Spider IV HD 150, it's the head and cab.
    I know its rep isn't the best, but it's versatile/ road worthy, and overall a decent rig.

I use it to gig with my Schecter Hellraiser with 707TWs, and IMO it's a great combination. I've never been unsatisfied with my Tone, It's not the best out there, but for a Solid State it's great.

It can cut through vocals, drums, everything, It can get loud and still sound great, and with the built in effects it's awesome!

So if you're looking into getting a starter amp, but low on cash? try out a Spider IV, they're not the best amp out there but they'll get the job done.

2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Got a 30W as a practice amp. No complaints for $150 with a shortboard.

3. Velokki

Velokki GAS station

Yeah, it's a nice practice amp. I actually prefer the Spider III though, the IV was a bit more digital and fuzzy in a strange way. Though the cleans on the IV are better. I've owned both as practice amps. Can recommend, especially for metal players.

4. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

I don't think its as bad as people say,I've gig'ed with one,no issues.

5. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

I have the Head and Cab version of the II, mostly because at the time of purchase over 10 years ago I couldn't afford a Hughes and Ketner lol. Its good some good presets, maintains clarity at high volumes etc, my only real complaint is the very sensitive vol controls, both master and channel. 1 is real quiet for practice at home, 2 is real loud for practice at home when I don't want to have to use headphones.

Got the FBV shortboard to, which adds a lot with additional banks of presets and an expression pedal which is useful. Hoping to replace the head with a power amp and rack mount pod HD Pro X towards the end of the year, but will be keeping the FBV and cab to go with that, provided it all works together as I expect it to.

6. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

^ agreed. Another thing to take into consideration is that if you're a shit player, no matter what you play on its gonna sound like ass. If you're a good player, you can make about anything sound good. Preference is preference but there's no substitute for skill.

7. Metaldestroyerdennis

Metaldestroyerdennis Heavens Football Bat

Played through a spider III 15 for a lot of years, and loved every second of it