Line 6 POD HD - Big Bottom / F-Ball Dual-Amp, fatness etc

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Chi, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Just trying to max out the phatness at this point, having some fun you know. I really enjoy using the re-done Big Bottom of the Pod HD Metal Pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1biji5xtn7q3mwb/Phat Slides & Big Booties.mp3?dl=0

Instead of using it solo, I'm using a dual-amp chain together with the F-Ball model I usually use, making them compliment eachother a little.

What do you think? Probably really a taste thing, I know. I'm not a fan of a super cleaned up sound, so this might be vomit-inducing for you. :agreed:

For the people following me - yup, I'm still writing for the new EP, finally making some progress now that I'm off work! Stay tuned. :cool:

2. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

are your strings spaghetti

3. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Yes

Edit: To be precise, they're chicken flavored Ramen.

Editing the edit: I've wasted everyone's time by posting this. Joke's on you.

4. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

i love chicken flavored ramen.

on topic, though, this does sound super nasty. but i can´t tell if it´s in a good or bad way. the nasty filthy vibe is a bit of a fresh approach amongst all the hyper cleaned up modern mixes nowdays that almost sound like EDM mixes. but on the other hand this is so nasty that it´s kind of hard to make out what you´re actually playing. bottom line it´s a taste thing. if you like it go for it. i would kind of like to reamp for you, though, using TH3 ;)

5. Chi

Chi Niverlare

To be fair, I don't know what I played myself. I just know that it was the ....tiest take of the ....tiest riff I could think of. Was listening to a guy named Three Nil and his stuff was so fat and disgusting that I got inspired by it and tried to produce something equally as vomit-inducing. :lol:

Oh and I really, really like your TH3 videos. Making me really want to get this piece of software. But I've dumped so much cash into the Pod HD extra packs recently...I can't, just yet. :cool: (Also thought about getting a Helix at some point...decisions, decisions)

6. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

Nah this is definitely the best type of nasty.

7. zenshin

zenshin SS.org Regular

Your tone is so nasty... I told it to do the robot and now R2D2 has AIDS.

Your tone is so nasty it went for a swim and made the Dead Sea.

Your tone is so nasty it's got more clap than an auditorium.

Once again though, you've created an even more monstrous sound. I love it. On one absurdly random note... what do you use for the all the synth sounds in many of your songs? Specifically, I've been wanting to try some Akira Yamaoka types of noises but I haven't had much luck so far in finding anything that would get me in the right direction. Seems like everything I find is geared towards club music.

8. Tree

Tree Bald Bear

This is sick and sludgey as hell. I imagine if Korn had just started now this is what they would sound like

9. Eddie Loves You

Eddie Loves You SS.org Regular

Been missing the Big Bottom, can't wait for the upcoming Helix firmware release with the redone model (named "Badonk")

10. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Cracking me up as always man, love you haha!

Anyway. I've been using Spectrasonics Omnisphere 1 for quite some time now and it's probably the only Synth you'll ever need (I'd get Omnisphere 2 if I had the spare money). It's not easy to explain, but for me it's mostly just skimming through presets that show potential and then customizing them to give them the vibe and color I like. Omnisphere really has a great interface to allow for easy manipulation.

On another note: most synth VSTi's are able to do the same, but maybe not quite as varied.

Of course I'm also a huge fan of Yamaoka, so I totally try to capture a similar sound as the Silent Hill's OST's do. But hey, we're not Akira, so we're probably not gonna' be able to sound quite like him. :agreed: Most of his samples are actually "freeware" samples from various sources, just manipulated to bits and pitch shifted all over the place.

I guess I probably didn't answer your question, huh?

Oh heck, thanks man! I feel a similar way. :cool:

11. zenshin

zenshin SS.org Regular

Actually, you gave me exactly what I was needing. Base line of software and a bonus of learning a little bit of process behind how it's done. Somehow I'm not surprised to learn Akira goes through the whole pitch shifting and otherwise altering sounds to bits. Would be neat to go to the length he goes through but admittedly... I just haven't had the patience for that these days :lol:

Omnisphere sounds like just the kind of thing I'd need. I don't mind going under the hood and altering sounds. I just don't want to feel like I have to be a Phd in rocket-neuro-computer-physics to work with the UI.

Thanks a lot brother!

Any potential news of song progress on another EP or even full album?

12. Chi

Chi Niverlare

No worries! And yeah, Omnisphere is insanely good. It is rather expensive, but you get all the sound sources you would ever want, ranging from human voices, traditional instruments all the way to really, really big ambiental pads and presets that are highly complex. Of course everything in between as well, and each preset and "instrument" modifieable.

And regarding my progress...I'm working on it, let's say that much. :cool:

13. zenshin

zenshin SS.org Regular

Ahh I see what you mean on the cost. It may have to go on the backburner then for the time being. Spent a bunch on new equipment and still need to breakdown and actually get a new power amp (Mesa 2:50 or 2:90). Maybe this just means I'll have to get a little more inventive with my effects haha.

Also, excellent to see you are working on some new music. I'm excited to see what you come out with. I believe it's going to sound great :).

14. Chi

Chi Niverlare

Yup, all I can say though is that it's worth it. Amazing software and detail in those samples.