Like metal? Like fitness? Help a brother out!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by MikeH, Apr 13, 2014.

1. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

So, as of recently, I've decided to tackle the ISSA Personal Trainer Certification course. I'm starting today, so hopefully I'll be done with in the next 10-12 weeks and can start training folks. To basically jumpstart my clientele, and my reputation, I've started blogging, and I've made a Facebook page for my new "business", Lethal Force Fitness. My goal is to incorporate high intensity, high energy weight lifting and exercising with guys and girls who like to get in, throw some hardcore/grind/death metal, etc. on their iPods, and do some work. I know it's sort of a niche market, but this is only going to be supplemental to my current income until I can (hopefully) save up the funds to start a gym. If you guys could take a second and check both sites out, that would be awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/lethalforcefitness
    LETHAL FORCE FITNESS

I'll be updating with motivational posts, exercises for specific muscle groups, nutrition and supplement advice (very vague, as I'm not allowed to recommend specific meal plans without a nutrition certification), and some heavy ass music to pump you up. Thanks for checking it out, and thank you to those who help!

[​IMG]

Chuck, Infamous Impact and BrainArt like this.
  2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

3. rectifryer

rectifryer Banned

I wish you luck man. I was a power lifter until I ended up with a chronic injury that I am not smart enough to get past.

4. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

Will check this out when I'm home!

5. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm really trying to be cautious while not stifling progress. Pictures of torn pecs and biceps are enough to make me cringe.

6. rectifryer

rectifryer Banned

Yeah but there are also silent stalls to progress like runner's knee which is what I have been dealing with for years. You already know this, but staying balanced and stretching is paramount to sustained athletic activity. Someone who warms up, stretches, doesn't overtrain, and eats properly will certainly have better luck than I lol.

I still got reasonably strong just eating alot and working out 3 times a week. I had a 1300 total at 190, but thats not really that great compared to the rest of the internet lol. I agree with your blog about being happy about your lifts no matter the amount. Recognizing progress for what it is, is the most underated part of athletic training. You may be stalling on your max, but often you can still progress in volume and vice versa. Progress doesn't always come in the form you expect.

People lie, other wise everyone on the internet is an elite tier competitor yet I don't see them at comps for some reason haha.

7. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

For sure. I mean, I'm guilty of getting mad about not making visible progress, but I always take a step back and go look at the picture I took before starting lifting and realize that it takes time, but that I've also come a long way. Shit, I've put on over 13 lbs. since January. And now that my eating is being almost forced, I know I'll be packing on the pounds. I just know I need to keep myself from trying to put too much pressure on myself about adding weight on my big 3 lifts. 700 seems so close, but adding 35 lbs. to my total already is kind of a lot when you break it down. Slow and steady.

8. concertjunkie

concertjunkie SS.org Regular

Mad props for you getting your certification and bringing a new perspective to the field of fitness! I'm in a very similar vein as well: just finished my 200hr yoga teacher training certification, working on a month extension program now, and would like to start expanding my fan base first before I unleash... metal yoga : vinyasa flow yoga to different metal styles . I would like to have different themed music nights (traditional studios probably arent down for the metal yoga though) and would like to develop a specialized program for musicians, touring musicians and of course my beloved metalheads.

Following your blog for inspiration, and may get in touch to share ideas as I get further along my journey \m/

9. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Awesome! Congrats on your certification as well. I've dabbled in yoga, and even more so in meditation, and I really enjoy it. I haven't meditated in quite some time, but I have been meaning to get back into it. Your idea sounds really awesome, as I listen to a lot of atmospheric metal when I do meditate, such as Fallujah, Altar Of Plagues, Rivers Of Nihil, etc. I'm definitely interested!

Also, if any of you guys have an instagram, I'm on there as well. @lethalforcefitness

EDIT: Also, just made another post. :yesway:

10. Trainwreck1446

Trainwreck1446 SS.org Regular

This is really awesome man, keep it up

11. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Thanks, dude! I need to start updating my blog and Facebook more, but I'm getting there. Working on shirt ideas currently.