Let's Bring Technical Deathcore to Warped Tour 2011

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Ænimus, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Ænimus

Ænimus Ænimus

The line up for this year's warped tour is pretty fuckin weak and we think it could definitely use some Technical Deathcore! If you agree, help us out by voting for us at www.battleofthebands.com/u/aenimus to get us on the Warped Tour in Marysville CA. We are definitely going to be one of the heaviest bands on the whole tour and easily one of few bands that use 7 string guitars!

Most of the bands are just going around spamming on other bands page saying "Vote for us and we will Vote for you" but not us, that's hella fake. So if you guys want some Technical Deathcore and you like our music then help us out and vote! Thanks Bros!

Ænimus
    If you want to check us out first to see if you like us, go to www.facebook.com/aenimus

BrainArt and techcoreriffman like this.
  2. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

hehe..."hella fake"

3. signalgrey

signalgrey Ambiente Savante

cause that exactly what warped tour needs

4. hxcdeathcore

hxcdeathcore SS.org Regular

I'd rather have technical deathcore than more generic post hardcore bands. Voted.

5. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

isn't that the point of Warped? :scratch:
    not to derail the thread or anything (i mean its not like i see 10 of the post a day on FaceBook) but i was under the impression that Warped was for the pop punk/post-hardcore/easycore bands with the heaviest being underoath and shiz like that with a tiny ass helping of real punk thrown in. i was never under the impression Warped was about bringing the heavy.. granted most of that music is leaning a heavier direction right now, and that notable deathcore style bands have been playing warped for two years.. but still, metal at a metal fest is where its at son *throws up white-ass gang sign*

6. LamaSabachthani

LamaSabachthani Gegen England!

don't even know why a metal band would want to play warped (aside from the obvious publicity)... seems contextually in appropriate.

7. Ænimus

Ænimus Ænimus

There has actually been at least two heavy bands on warped for the last three maybe even four years now. We would like to play warped tour for the publicity, and to expand our fan base. If you think that is selling out or contextually in appropriate, then that is fine and we respect your opinion. But if you are a metal fan then why not support metal bands or even just the genre itself, aren't you tired of seeing all these pop punk bands get all the credit for being amazing musicians and playing the biggest festivals? And if their were other contests going on, that we knew about, to be on a legit metal tour, we would definitely be promoting that over warped. But right now, it sounds like a good opportunity to show more people who we are and what we have come together to do.

If you don't want to vote that is totally cool and it doesn't bother us at all, but if you are a fan of technical deathcore at least check us out, who knows maybe our music will persuade you to help us out.

Thanks
    Ænimus
    Ænimus | Facebook

8. johnythehero

johnythehero The kid

You guys actually liked my post on facebook about periphery coming to nashville which made me check out you guys music and I usally dislike deathcore...a lot but I actually liked it :lol:

EDIT:sorry I actually already voted for a local band that I am already really close friends with the band since they started so sorry I can't help you guys :/

9. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

That's Norcal for ya. I should know, I've only been here my whole almost 20 years. :lol:

I feel kind of obligated to vote for you guys since you're local, but both links in the OP send me to the forum page for here. :scratch:

10. Kali Yuga

Kali Yuga SS.org Regular

Deathcore doesn't belong anywhere near Warped Tour. I miss the '90s lineups.

11. GalacticDeath

GalacticDeath SS.org Regular

I wouldn't mind some tech deathcore myself.

12. ArkaneDemon

ArkaneDemon SS.org Regular

QFT.

13. GeoMantic

GeoMantic SS.org Regular

:lol:

14. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

FUCKING REALLY? So instead of spamming the page you guys are spamming this forum? With 14 posts (and most of those have to do with your music) you can't seriously expect anyone to be stupid enough to fall for that.

Great job running your mouth and insulting a ton of other people though, that'll get you in for sure :yesway:

For real though, get the fuck out.

Edit: Nearly forgot..

:ban:

15. Encephalon5

Encephalon5 Six String Bass Fish

HAhaha. My band Beyond The Pillars is working on the same shit right now, man. We've 522 votes right now.

16. LamaSabachthani

LamaSabachthani Gegen England!

I wasn't saying I hadn't voted for your or hadn't considered doing so. You construed my passing remark as being an attack on you.

And for the record, I don't care about pop-punk musicians on the warped being praised for what 'great' musicians they are, because if I want to see someone play some badass music, I'll just go to a metal show. Beyond which, by virtue of being a metal band doesn't immediately make you brilliant musicians. The case may very well be (unlikely though it is) that a pop-punk band on the warped tour is far better at songwriting than the 1000s of other crappy metal bands out there re-hashing cliches and using needlessly long words in their songs/albums/work because that is 'metal'.

Let pop-punk and scene kids keep their own faux bullshit - it keeps them away from the realm of people who appreciate metal for reasons other than the fact it is 'controversial' or raises eyebrows to parts of the public at large. Or for giving you licence to dress like a dick viz. the fact that by and large a greater emphasis is placed on musicianship than in other popular genres of music.

Best of luck with the competition.

Edit: I realize my grammar and usage is a bit crap up above, but humor me... CBA fixing it. :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  17. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

well, if you think about it, its their festival. thats kinda like walking into another man's house and saying he doesn't deserve to live there

18. Stroked

Stroked SS.org Regular

If this works maybe we can diplomatically get melo-death in the Lilith Fair. Some nice Tori amos and Swallow the Sun duet. :fawk:

19. NovaReaper

NovaReaper Banned

I'm going to Warped this year pretty much strictly to see The Wonder Years again. Dunno about all of you, but I will be nowhere to be seen when the deathcore garbage comes on.

20. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

AFAIK, to get onto a "legit" metal tour, you need to be booked on one. How to do that: book and play some shows- even ones that probably suck, build a following, gain some notoriety, show that your band can set itself apart, put out some records, and you might be in that position.

There's always the believe that metal is more blue-collar and a meritocracy, but I know that pop/mainstream/trendy music circles are absolutely in love with the American-Idol notion of being magically picked picked out of nowhere and into notoriety. Here, the Warped Tour is looking to capitalize on that so they can fill some probably-horrible time slots for free. Promoters weren't born yesterday: they know that on-line votes in a contest do not equal real fans or a real draw that they can anticipate, like they would for the compensated acts.

This is pretty much just another way that bands are tricked into working for nothing in exchange for "exposure."

Varcolac likes this.