Legend of Zelda WiiU (no title yet) revealed

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

^ F*ck it, that's it. I'm buying it. I don't care if I'm out $500 and eating dirt... stupid CAD.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

[​IMG]

3. Alberto7

I'll keep that in mind for when the symptoms begin, assuming I'm not too busy playing the game to notice them

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

So the reviews for the Switch itself are very iffy, but Breath of the Wild is getting perfect 10s across the board.

5. Alberto7

Yeah, everybody's commenting that the Switch itself is a really cool concept with a ton of potential, but a hardware issue (sync issues with left Joycon) and the lack of a clear plan for online gaming (plus no Virtual Console atm) are kind of a bummer.

Still getting it just for Zelda though. I'm honestly quite surprised at how ridiculously good all of the reviews for the game have been so far. Future games also look pretty promising, so I doubt I'll regret getting the console in the long run.

6. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

The joycon issue is fixed with an update. I've also seen quite a few good reviews for the switch. Excited to pick it up along with LOZ.

7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I haven't had a Nintendo console in quite a while... but this game makes it preeeeeeeeeeeeetty tempting.

8. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I'm not bummed about Virtual Console at all tbh, I still carry my 3DS in my backpack and I have countless VC titles on there. So I have my fix for portable retro gaming, it looks infinitely better on the smaller screen resolution as well rather than stretched across the Switch monitor.

I'll play the hell out of Zelda but I do hope there are more games sooner than later, I never got around to playing Mario Kart 8 so I can just get that and Splatoon until Mario Odyssey.

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

It's been a fun morning.

10. Alberto7

^ Lucky! Hope you're enjoying the crap out of it. :) No spoilers though! I've unfollowed all Zelda-related social media pages I was following until I beat the game. I'm still not putting my order down, unfortunately. Gotta figure some things out financially if I want to make this work. :lol:

11. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Got 4 hours in and now I think it's time for bed. This game is really good.

12. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

#4 Best ranked game of all time on Metacritic, I wasn't expecting that to be completely honest.

13. Alberto7

Nice, just when I manage to sort out things financially, the damn thing sells out on Amazon and just about everywhere else. Gonna have to make a little trip to Walmart, BestBuy, EB Games, etc., to see if any of them have, by any miracle, any stock left at their stores. :rant:

14. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Apparently the differences in quality between the Wii U and Switch versions is very minor. Debating on trying to get this with a (hopefully cheap and used) Wii U or just wait to see if I get it if I decide to get a Switch around Mario Odyssey time.

15. Alberto7

^ I've been looking into that. Even after making triple sure I could pay for it without having to go hungry, I'm still finding it hard to part with that much money for a new system and a game.

I looked into used Wii U's on eBay for a little while, and the cheapest option I came up with was a used Wii U + gamepad, and it was only about $100 cheaper than buying a brand new Switch, and for a console that is essentially already dead, even if it does have a few titles that are really good. It makes more sense in my head investing the extra money on a console that actually has a future, I think. I thought the WiiU would go for cheaper now that the new console has been released.

16. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

17. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already but for the Wii U, you need to use the game pad or Wii U Pro controller -- no standard remote + joystick combo.

18. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

You say that like Gamepad and Pro controller aren't the standard controllers for Wii U games...

19. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I don't know, guys...

I tried the game, and I didn't like it at all. It was really bitter. Like chemically-bitter tasting. I highly recommend trying a different game- maybe one that tastes like strawberries or citrus, instead.

20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

How does one taste a steam game...?